Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark H
    replied
    Yeah, this kid is good enough it's time to be very very careful about changes. For now, don't dare make changes. Let him hit and Dad can spend a bunch of time on his own hitting education. Evidently Dad's done a lot right, but let's not rush to change something this good for awhile.

Leave a comment:

• Infinite
    replied
    I hope my son looks that good swinging by the time he reaches that age minus the broken ankle

Leave a comment:

• AltaLomaStorm
    replied
    frames 1-4 following swing
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• AltaLomaStorm
    replied
    Originally posted by Swing Coach View Post
    Jake (or anybody)

I am actually looking for a still I can copy and paste in a thread. It needs to be a frame or two after contact. I think it will lead to a great discussion

Thanks,

Ken
    I should be able to post a couple when I go home for lunch in an hour or so.

Leave a comment:

• Swing Coach
    replied
    looking for something I can paste

Jake (or anybody)

I am actually looking for a still I can copy and paste in a thread. It needs to be a frame or two after contact. I think it will lead to a great discussion

Thanks,

Ken

Leave a comment:

• Jake Patterson
    replied
    Originally posted by Swing Coach View Post
    The swing looks very good...but could somebody post a still of this boy's swing the frame or two after contact? I think I have stumbled onto something significant and I want to see what you all think.
    SC
    If you grab the little botton on the bottom you can drag the clip and advance frame by frame. Does this help?

Leave a comment:

• Swing Coach
    replied
    Looking for a still of this swing

The swing looks very good...but could somebody post a still of this boy's swing the frame or two after contact? I think I have stumbled onto something significant and I want to see what you all think.

SC

Leave a comment:

• ssarge
    replied
    FWIW - Interesting shot. One of the MLB guys who teaches locally tells his students to hit this pitch location right back at the pitcher, instead of trying to go opposite field. He would want contact to be made right now if you look at where the ball is in this picture. He said he made a living hitting this pitch right back at the pitcher. Get the barrel to the ball.
    Yep, good advice.

But the plate is 17" wide in both environments, and the adult's arms are 6" longer, and so is his bat. I like this approach for a kid - maintaining connection and staying in the core mechanics.

Since the difference is one of timing - not different swing mechanics - it is a fairly easy fix as the kid gets older.

My $.02, anyway.

Regards,

Scott

Leave a comment:

• Drill
    replied
    I would start visiting colleges and get a sports marketing agent.

Leave a comment:

• J-MAC
    replied
    Originally posted by AltaLomaStorm View Post
    J-MAC...just "looks LIKE?"

Hahahahaha. I just wanted to make sure your son didn't have an evil twin.

Leave a comment:

• AltaLomaStorm
    replied
    Originally posted by Mark H View Post
    Some kids just have a gift. The ones who do AND work hard are the ones we hear about. Go on, tell me he's fast and has a cannon too.
    Not to mention he is good looking like his old man!

Seriously, the kid just loves baseball. His arm is very strong and accurate from the outfield. He can run pretty good, but we are working on increasing his (and the entire team's) speed.

Just trying to teach him how to understand/play this game correctly and have fun. AND, waiting for him to hit 6' and about 210...

Leave a comment:

• AltaLomaStorm
    replied
    I appreciate all of the comments and critique. The more input I can get from you guys, the better. I have learned a ton from reading the analysis' you guys have given since I became a member. A little over my head at times, but informative nonetheless!

J-MAC...just "looks LIKE?"

Leave a comment:

• Mark H
    replied
    Some kids just have a gift. The ones who do AND work hard are the ones we hear about. Go on, tell me he's fast and has a cannon too.

Leave a comment:

• J-MAC
    replied
    That pic looks like the one off of chris o'learys site.

http://www.chrisoleary.com/projects/...ngHitters.html

Leave a comment:

• AltaLomaStorm
    replied
    Originally posted by Stealth View Post
    FWIW - Interesting shot. One of the MLB guys who teaches locally tells his students to hit this pitch location right back at the pitcher, instead of trying to go opposite field. He would want contact to be made right now if you look at where the ball is in this picture. He said he made a living hitting this pitch right back at the pitcher. Get the barrel to the ball.
    I certainly appreciate the advice.

A lot of kids I see playing at his age (including, at times, Steven) still want to try and pull an outside pitch. Right or wrong, I teach him to allow an outside pitch to get a little deeper and hit it hard the other way. All things being equal however, he knows the best place to make contact is near the instep of his right foot.

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X