Baum Bat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baum Bat

I have a 33" 31 oz. Baum Bat that I have been using for the past four years and I lovvvve it. I want to buy a 33" 30 oz. to use in my summer league wood bat league. I noticed they just went up to $150 per bat plus $35 s&h. No way do I want to spend that much money haha, I know they are the best wood bats and most durable ever, but I was wondering if anyone had a used one they were wanting to sell? Hey, its worth a shot. Thanks
    kP

185.0!!!!!! for a wood bat????

They must be joking. I am sure you can find a similar profile from a quality, less expensive bat maker. What profile is it, I'm sure the board can offer plenty of suggestions.
    See ball, hit ball.

Comment

Just looked it up, they are composites. Still 185.00 is a bit steep. And they are legal in your wood bat league? Based on their site info it is like bringing a gun to a knife fight.
      See ball, hit ball.

Comment

Haha, they are legal all the way up to the minors. They are amazing bats, like I said I have used mine for four years now and you wouldn't even know that I have been using it. I learned of them from a minor league tryout camp, I asked the coach what wood bat he would recommend and he told me about baum bats and he pulled out 8 of them that he had taken to every tryout camp for the past 5 years, and he said he knows lots of minor leaguers that use them and has never seen them break.

Comment

That is surprising. From their specs it looks like it would perform like a metal bat.
          See ball, hit ball.

Comment

Originally posted by MrSurprise View Post
            I have a 33" 31 oz. Baum Bat that I have been using for the past four years and I lovvvve it. I want to buy a 33" 30 oz. to use in my summer league wood bat league. I noticed they just went up to $150 per bat plus $35 s&h. No way do I want to spend that much money haha, I know they are the best wood bats and most durable ever, but I was wondering if anyone had a used one they were wanting to sell? Hey, its worth a shot. Thanks
            kP
            Anyone who charges $35 dollars for shipping on 1 bat is gouging the living hell out of their customers, unless that is some sort of express service.

You can send a single bad via USPS priority mail for well under 15 dollars to most anywhere in the US.

People who jack up shipping prices like that really just tick me off.

Comment

Exactly. The shipping is what really got me. Although 150.00 for a non-metal bat is insane also.
              See ball, hit ball.

Comment

Originally posted by PhilliesPhan22 View Post
                185.0!!!!!! for a wood bat????

They must be joking. I am sure you can find a similar profile from a quality, less expensive bat maker. What profile is it, I'm sure the board can offer plenty of suggestions.

A) They are worth every penny. Getting 5 years out of a Baum is not uncommon. I have never seen one break, no matter how old, no matter how beat up, no matter how bad the hitter is.
                B) No, you can't. No bat maker I've seen can even come close to the durability of Baum's. They are right up there with cockroaches in their ability to survive a nuclear holocaust.

Comment

Do they perform more like wood? or like metal?
                  See ball, hit ball.

Comment

Baum bats are excellent. They perform like wood. My friend has one and abuses the hell out of it, hitting BP 4 times a week and has done so for the past 2 years. Still in perfect shape!
                    Owner of Driveline Baseball - Seattle, WA

Comment

They hit like a wood bat, but in your hands it doesn't feel like a wood bat, their weight is like right in the middle of the bat... Not handle heavy, not barrel heavy just right in the middle... and I like how you can order them anyway you want! They have a huge sweet spot and like everyone says it doesn't matter, jammed, off the end of the bat... it won't break.

Comment

looks like i'm a little late to this party, but maybe i'll get some responses. looking for a great, durable composite with a lot of pop and doing a lot of research cause i know i'll end up spending 150-200 bucks. looking at macdouball and sons bats, gone batty thunderpro's and a few other kids and came across Baum. to be honest, one thing that's turning me off is that it's not all wood and that, from the pictures, i'm not a huge fan of the looks. not just the black finish and gold brand, but from some of the pictures, just doesnt look like a wood bat. i'd love to hear some more thoughts on any of your experiences with one.

Comment

Wow...looks like shipping for a lot of 6 bats is only 40 dollars...Just get a group order if you can...

For lots of six (6) bats (6 bats are packaged per box) the price is $140.00 each (total $840.00) plus $40.00 per box for standard shipping and handling (within the continental U.S). This is a grand total of $880.00 delivered. BaumĀ®Bats purchased in other than six (6) bat lots are $165.00 each plus $40.00 for standard shipping and handling per box regardless of the quantity. Shipments to Alaska, Hawaii, Canada, Puerto Rico, and other U. S. Territories and all APO/FPO'S require pre quoted UPS freight charges plus $40.00 per box. Due to mandated insurance and administration fees all MLB orders will be subject to a $5.00 per bat surcharge, effective January 15, 2009.

Comment

Originally posted by PhilliesPhan22 View Post
                            That is surprising. From their specs it looks like it would perform like a metal bat.
                            No. I now have a wood composite bat. it actually has less pop than my wood bat, but I use it because I break wood often against live pitching.

I'm not sure how a baum bat performs though,mine has a wood core and plastic coat.
                            I now have my own non commercial blog about training for batspeed and power using my training experience in baseball and track and field.

Comment

Anyone try one of the hybrids that have a composite handle/composite core like this:

http://www.combatsportsgroup.com/com...t_ProductId=34

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X