No announcement yet.

Sunglasses for a catcher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One set last you a month for prescription. I don't know about non-prescription.

http://www.1800contacts.com/_whatsho..._MaxSight.html

That company is a little expensive but some info is provided there. I got a years worth for $60.00 but I can't remember from where.

Comment

Originally posted by CoachHenry View Post
      Those look reasonable. How about when you hit, do they sit low enough for the nose piece to not get in the way?
      Half-jackets and M-Frames are both really popular in baseball. Our starting catcher here uses the Lance Armstrong half-jackets just because our colors are yellow and black... He loves them! About the nose piece getting in the way... the face should be squared up on the pitcher so the nose piece is irrevalent, correct? Both eyes should be looking directly at the pitcher, i think? haha... I am no expert.
      Last edited by MrSurprise; 04-11-2008, 08:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MrSurprise View Post
        Half-jackets and M-Frames are both really popular in baseball. Our starting catcher here uses the Lance Armstrong half-jackets just because our colors are yellow and black... He loves them! About the nose piece getting in the way... the face should be squared up on the pitcher so the nose piece is irrevalent, correct? Both eyes should be looking directly at the pitcher, i think? haha... I am no expert.
        I ended up getting him the half-jackets. He took his mask in and tried things out and those are what works best.

As far as the face being squared to the pitcher, stand up and try that out on some spot on the wall. Orient yourself so that it is the same as when you are in the box and the pitcher is on the mound. Now try and square your face to the pitcher.

Comment

I see, I see... good observation, I have never noticed how its hard to be completely square...

Comment

Originally posted by MrSurprise View Post
            I see, I see... good observation, I have never noticed how its hard to be completely square...
            Dress like your grandpa to the next school dance and you'll be there.

Comment

Originally posted by CoachHenry View Post
              Those look reasonable. How about when you hit, do they sit low enough for the nose piece to not get in the way?

CH,

Saw where you got the half jackets. They work just fine hitting or with a helmet. Hoping your son has much success this season.......

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X