X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steven Tyler
    replied
    Originally posted by CoachHenry View Post
    Those look reasonable. How about when you hit, do they sit low enough for the nose piece to not get in the way?

CH,

Saw where you got the half jackets. They work just fine hitting or with a helmet. Hoping your son has much success this season.......

Leave a comment:

• CoachHenry
    replied
    Originally posted by MrSurprise View Post
    I see, I see... good observation, I have never noticed how its hard to be completely square...
    Dress like your grandpa to the next school dance and you'll be there.

Leave a comment:

• MrSurprise
    replied
    I see, I see... good observation, I have never noticed how its hard to be completely square...

Leave a comment:

• CoachHenry
    replied
    Half-jackets and M-Frames are both really popular in baseball. Our starting catcher here uses the Lance Armstrong half-jackets just because our colors are yellow and black... He loves them! About the nose piece getting in the way... the face should be squared up on the pitcher so the nose piece is irrevalent, correct? Both eyes should be looking directly at the pitcher, i think? haha... I am no expert.
    I ended up getting him the half-jackets. He took his mask in and tried things out and those are what works best.

As far as the face being squared to the pitcher, stand up and try that out on some spot on the wall. Orient yourself so that it is the same as when you are in the box and the pitcher is on the mound. Now try and square your face to the pitcher.

Leave a comment:

• MrSurprise
    replied
    Those look reasonable. How about when you hit, do they sit low enough for the nose piece to not get in the way?
    Half-jackets and M-Frames are both really popular in baseball. Our starting catcher here uses the Lance Armstrong half-jackets just because our colors are yellow and black... He loves them! About the nose piece getting in the way... the face should be squared up on the pitcher so the nose piece is irrevalent, correct? Both eyes should be looking directly at the pitcher, i think? haha... I am no expert.
    Last edited by MrSurprise; 04-11-2008, 08:17 AM.

Leave a comment:

• JeepTJ12
    replied
    One set last you a month for prescription. I don't know about non-prescription.

http://www.1800contacts.com/_whatsho..._MaxSight.html

That company is a little expensive but some info is provided there. I got a years worth for $60.00 but I can't remember from where.

Leave a comment:

• CoachHenry
    replied
    Originally posted by Steven Tyler View Post
    Try the Oakley half jackets. They work when I wear a a bucket.

Leave a comment:

• Steven Tyler
    replied
    Try the Oakley half jackets. They work when I wear a a bucket.

Leave a comment:

• CoachHenry
    replied
    You don't have to worry about dirt getting under them too often... The wind does dry them out though, but that's an easy fix, just carry around some opti-free with you... a few drops and you are good to go... I like the idea of the contacts butttt 2 problems, cost, and durability. They don't last but maybe 3 weeks so you have to keep replacing them.
    I was wondering how much one set would last. With the HS season there aren't too many real sunny days at the start but in the middle and end there are.

Leave a comment:

• MrSurprise
    replied
    You don't have to worry about dirt getting under them too often... The wind does dry them out though, but that's an easy fix, just carry around some opti-free with you... a few drops and you are good to go... I like the idea of the contacts butttt 2 problems, cost, and durability. They don't last but maybe 3 weeks so you have to keep replacing them.

Leave a comment:

• CoachHenry
    replied
    Originally posted by JeepTJ12 View Post
    These are actual contact lense. They have prescription or non prescription.
    I was able to find them just a few minutes ago. Interesting. I wonder if he would run the risk of getting dirt under them too often? I have the amber color on my Oakleys and I wear them even at night while driving. It takes the glare off things, especially in the rain.

Leave a comment:

• JeepTJ12
    replied
    Are these actual contact lenses or the name of a line of sunglasses?
    These are actual contact lense. They have prescription or non prescription.

Leave a comment:

• CoachHenry
    replied
    Thanks for the input. I'll also look into those. I might go visit the mall (ugh) and check out some of the ones mentioned here at the aisleway sunglass things. He will have to carry his catcher's helmet but that shouldn't look out of place in the mall.

Leave a comment:

• sixpointone
    replied
    Oakley Radar Sunglasses might work. They make them with standard Stems, or a Baseball specific Stem that is more narrow.

The Radar's are pretty much an updated M Frame and have Hydrophobic Coating, which is supposed to reduce the amount of Fogging and let Water bead up more.

The Lenses come in 3 Sizes, and each are available in a Number of Colors, some Vented and some not.

I own a Pair with the Standard Stems and use them mainly for Tennis, and they have worked well for me. So maybe they might work for your needs.

Hope that helps,
    John

Leave a comment:

• CoachHenry
    replied
    Originally posted by JeepTJ12 View Post
    I have to suggest the Nike Contacts. They are the best thing to hit the sport IMO. The orange tint reduces glare, makes the surrounding brighter and more vibrant, and no frames or bulk. You can see the ball a lot better too. When you first try them they are a little weird but within the first game I was used to them and won't steer away from them. No steaming up, no sweat marks, and no shattering.
    Are these actual contact lenses or the name of a line of sunglasses?

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X