X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tom.guerry
    replied
    rayr-

are you trying to demonstrate the check swing or the stop swing or something else with the utley clip ?

Leave a comment:

• BoardMember
    replied
    Originally posted by LAball View Post
    Can you post the original Posada clip?:bowdown:
    I did. Its the first clip in my last post........

Leave a comment:

• LAball
    replied
    Can you post the original Posada clip?:bowdown:

Leave a comment:

• BoardMember
    replied
    Lorin, it related to the "check-decision" timing.

Rich used this clip to subtantiate his position that the check decision was made 2 frames from contact:

I re-sync'd it to show the check decision was made at launch. Of course, he then claimed I "doctored the clip" to prove him wrong. I really pissed him off......again.......What else is new????:

Originally posted by LClifton View Post
    In the clip on the right he was clearly not set up to push the fulcrum and prior to that he had not torqued the handle, so thankfully, he aborted the swing, saving himself a great deal of embarassment.

I have a question, an honest one.
    What was the purpose of the clip originally?
    What is the significance of it being 2 frames off?
    What was it synced "TO"? (The little round circle?)

Leave a comment:

• RayR
    replied
    Originally posted by 4for4 View Post

Nah. Did you see Utley do it a couple of nights ago? Watch video.
    How about today's?

Leave a comment:

• LClifton
    replied
    In the clip on the right he was clearly not set up to push the fulcrum and prior to that he had not torqued the handle, so thankfully, he aborted the swing, saving himself a great deal of embarassment.

I have a question, an honest one.
    What was the purpose of the clip originally?
    What is the significance of it being 2 frames off?
    What was it synced "TO"? (The little round circle?)

Leave a comment:

• BoardMember
    replied
    You are correct Coach. Here is the re-sync'd clip, with the mis-sync'd clip below it:

Originally posted by CoachB25 View Post
    LABall, you're referring to the Posada clip. Board Member took that video and realized that it was not synced correctly. It was, in fact, two frames off. Board Member, please correct me if I'm wrong in this assertion. We were told it was an honest error and yet, knowing that the clip is off, I have continued to see references to it on other sites and have not seen it reedited. Again, Board Member, please correct me if I'm wrong in this assertion and if so, I'll post an apology.
    Last edited by BoardMember; 04-19-2008, 04:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 4for4
    replied
    Originally posted by tom.guerry View Post
    i don't think you check an mlb swing after the wrist have unhinged.
    I think you are mischarachterizing again. It's about a stop swing and how it can be an effective training tool.

i think a ULL homer may have resulted in the bat slowing to a near stop at contact becasue of an efficient collions between a light fast bat with a big trampolining sweetspot and a heavy ball going fast.

tankersley's dinger as a freshmen in the arizona elim game comes to mind.
    Nah. Did you see Utley do it a couple of nights ago? Watch video.

Leave a comment:

• tom.guerry
    replied
    i don't think you check an mlb swing after the wrist have unhinged.

i think a ULL homer may have resulted in the bat slowing to a near stop at contact becasue of an efficient collions between a light fast bat with a big trampolining sweetspot and a heavy ball going fast.

tankersley's dinger as a freshmen in the arizona elim game comes to mind.

Leave a comment:

• CoachB25
    replied
    LABall, you're referring to the Posada clip. Board Member took that video and realized that it was not synced correctly. It was, in fact, two frames off. Board Member, please correct me if I'm wrong in this assertion. We were told it was an honest error and yet, knowing that the clip is off, I have continued to see references to it on other sites and have not seen it reedited. Again, Board Member, please correct me if I'm wrong in this assertion and if so, I'll post an apology.

Leave a comment:

• Mark H
    replied
    By staying connected. Can't do that with a Teacherman swivel. Some of the ULL girls hit dingers with a swing I would characterize as a stop swing.

Leave a comment:

• tom.guerry
    replied
    how do you check your swing after unhinging ?

Leave a comment:

• Mark H
    replied
    Certainly a late uncocking/unhinging of the wrists is a very good thing but I would add, if you stay connected, you can very quickly stop the swing well past home plate and after unhinging. Think about stop swings is, you can't do them very well with an unconnected swing. Makes them a good reality check.

Leave a comment:

• LAball
    replied
    Originally posted by korp View Post
    Ibeing able to stop the bat though has to do with strength.
    I think it has to do with not unhinging the wrist. Once the wrist goes its very hard to stop with you puny wrist muscles. Question is , how far into the rotation of the bat can you go before unhinging the wrist.

Leave a comment:

• Jake Patterson
    replied
    I always felt ... "Swing, swing, swing - NO!" is easier than "Look, look, look swing!"
    Make sense?

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X