Cage bat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cage bat

what do you guys use for the cages? regular wood composites old metal?

anybody ever use one of these? saw it at sports authority yesterday

http://www.sportsauthority.com/produ...entPage=family

I've seen those. Never thought about using it for the cage but more for soft toss and t-work.

For the cage my son uses this:

If he doesn't have that with him it's a wood bat we picked up locally.

Comment

wood bat only in BP and cages. How can a kid get a feel for when the bat is gonna sting if you use gimmick bats.

Comment

I prefer wood for cage work.
        Even a store quality bat will last quite a while at BP speed.

1 bat used to last me a whole season when I played in college.

Comment

look into getting a Baum bat, they last forever. i know a few people who have them and have had them for 5+ years.

personally, i prefer only maple bats.

Comment

Baum bats are pricey. Bamboo bats are good for cage work. Trust me, he will really focus to mak sure that he hits is sweet.
            See ball, hit ball.

Comment

Yeah baum bats are well worth the price... if you go on ebay a dude has a store that sells them with a lil cheaper shipping and handling... Baum bats are composites by the way, undestructable and they are approved all the way up to the minors

Comment

get a zinger... you will want it to last a long tine, so you'll be forced to hit it perfectly... no joke

Comment

try birch for the cage. Hard as a rock and teaches you to hit on the barrel, cuz if u don't the ball will go like 2 inches. But yeh, the birch can hold up to some serious cage abuse without breaking.

Comment

I would like a soft 2 piece bat for the batting cages. So it doesnt sting the hands. but a little heavier, and only 2 inch wide.

Comment

Originally posted by LAball View Post
                      I would like a soft 2 piece bat for the batting cages. So it doesnt sting the hands. but a little heavier, and only 2 inch wide.
                      wouldn't want to teach them to hit the barrel, if it stings the hands they get feedback, if it doesn't well they are just in there swinging a bat right.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X