pop-up foul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pop-up foul

When a batter hits a high pop-up and he can instantly see that it's gonna go foul but not out into the stands (a fielder can catch it), how come they run down to first base any way?

I don't understand why they do it, because they know that either the ball will go foul or the fielder will catch the ball and he will be out...
    [email protected]£$tя()/\/\

if it bounces fair of the fielders glove/head it's still a fair ball.

Comment

Originally posted by 59FIFTY View Post
      if it bounces fair of the fielders glove/head it's still a fair ball.
      no it's not, cause as soon as the ball touches a player in foul territory the ball is foul (exept when it's caught).
      [email protected]£$tя()/\/\

Comment

As a rule of thumb with the kids I deal with, they're not supposed to be looking at where the ball is.

1) Hit the ball.
        2) Run until the coach tells you to stop or the umpire yells "foul".

It would look pretty foolish if the batter mis-judged that pop up and it drifted back into the field of play.

Comment

The reason is to instill force of habit.........

If you don't leg out all foul balls, at what point do you decide you shouldn't bother?

Originally posted by flyers90 View Post
          When a batter hits a high pop-up and he can instantly see that it's gonna go foul but not out into the stands (a fielder can catch it), how come they run down to first base any way?

I don't understand why they do it, because they know that either the ball will go foul or the fielder will catch the ball and he will be out...

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X