Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High School Ball

Hey,

This year im a freshman playin on the varsity baseball team. What are a coupel of ways to get as good as the competition and be ready for the jump in pitching speed, throwing speed and all the other changes from middle school ball to varsity high school. thanks for anything and everything

Congratulations, sounds like you are pretty good. what position are ya playin? Are you big for your age?

Comment

im not huge 5'6" and im playin 3rd as a back-up. Usually a Shortstop but we got this real good ss who is a soph, so i wouldn't play much. Any tips?

Comment

Don't put to much pressure on yourself, that ruined me in high school. Go out, do what you can do and just keep working at improving everything, don't focuse on one thing and one thing only (although hitting would be the one to lean heavy on!)

You are a freshman on varsity, there are probably some guys that may resent that, don't worry about it, you're obviously good, and the coaches must like you at least a little, stay confident and just keep working no matter what.
        "Do not dismiss what you do not understand"
        "A word to the wise ain't necessary. It's the stupid ones who need the advice." - Bill Cosby
        "There are sound intellectual grounds for holding faith positions" - Fungo 22

Comment

Yeah, just do what you normally did that got you up to that point. If you try and do too much you may get some bad habits. We wouldn't want that now would we? Hmm. Just keep it simple. Catch the ball, throw the ball, hit the ball, cheat occasionally... pay the umpires... you know, normal stuff :P haha
          While I do prefer to interact with people in a gentle manner... I'm also not at all opposed to establishing my dominance in a reign of terror.

Comment

Originally posted by XFactor
            Yeah, just do what you normally did that got you up to that point. If you try and do too much you may get some bad habits. We wouldn't want that now would we? Hmm. Just keep it simple. Catch the ball, throw the ball, hit the ball, cheat occasionally... pay the umpires... you know, normal stuff :P haha

Yeah and if you're going to pull a Bonds, don't leave a paper trail

But really, just study up on the game. Play hard, practice a lot and max out your potential.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X