Sons 1ST homerun!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sons 1ST homerun!

Well my son hit his first homerun tonight with a man on base to win the game 12-10. I have posted some other topics asking different opinions to help out my son and just want to say this site is great. I mentioned that he has been a 5 oclock hitter. Well we worked on hitting only during spring break and it has paid off. He is back to his old self and has been hitting better every at bat. Seems to have his mojo back. One thing that has helped him alot. I noticed he was muscling the ball, meaning really tense before and while swinging. I told him to just relax and dont tense up until the pitcher is into his windup and then load up. I also told him to hold the bat like it was a live bird that you wanted to hold but not squeeze to death, this has helped the most. He seams to be using his fast twitch muscles more than using his larger slower muscles.Since he changed his grip the ball is jumping off the bat much better. I hit a few with the different grip styles and it does make the bat perform much better with the lighter gripping.Sorry i just needed to tell you guys.

Originally posted by Matthewsdad View Post
    Well my son hit his first homerun tonight with a man on base to win the game 12-10. I have posted some other topics asking different opinions to help out my son and just want to say this site is great. I mentioned that he has been a 5 oclock hitter. Well we worked on hitting only during spring break and it has paid off. He is back to his old self and has been hitting better every at bat. Seems to have his mojo back. One thing that has helped him alot. I noticed he was muscling the ball, meaning really tense before and while swinging. I told him to just relax and dont tense up until the pitcher is into his windup and then load up. I also told him to hold the bat like it was a live bird that you wanted to hold but not squeeze to death, this has helped the most. He seams to be using his fast twitch muscles more than using his larger slower muscles.Since he changed his grip the ball is jumping off the bat much better. I hit a few with the different grip styles and it does make the bat perform much better with the lighter gripping.Sorry i just needed to tell you guys.
    Congratulations! It only get better from here!
    "He who dares to teach, must never cease to learn."
    - John Cotton Dana (1856–1929) - Offered to many by L. Olson - Iowa (Teacher)
    Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X