5 frame swing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 frame swing

How do you start counting on a 5 frame swing. If it's from heel plant to contact do you start 1 on the next frame or is it one when the heel plants?

Heel down is a good place to start when figuring when to start counting but if they are fooled or using a nonstandard swing you may have to use first movement of the bat head into the swing plane. Each frame of movement of the bathead into the swing plane is a frame you count. Normally, that coincides with heel plant. Check a few clips and see if that makes sense to you.

Comment

Originally posted by bob_r View Post
      How do you start counting on a 5 frame swing. If it's from heel plant to contact do you start 1 on the next frame or is it one when the heel plants?
      I include the frame where the front heel plants in the count as long as you see some initial bat movement.
      Hitting Coordinator for Harris-Stowe State University in St. Louis.

I also work with the pitchers who are dealing with injury problems.

Comment

into the swing plane would refer to the forward motion of the bat after load?

Comment

Heel plant tends to be the frame after heel down with most hitters. The toe and foot hit the ground but the full plant hasn't taken place yet. I usually start the count right after solid heel plant.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X