No-stride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No-stride

I've been considering switching to a no stride because I've been having a few problems with my stride, but I've heard people say that you can lose power with a no stride. Is there any truth to this? Thanks

Originally posted by yankees32 View Post
    I've been considering switching to a no stride because I've been having a few problems with my stride, but I've heard people say that you can lose power with a no stride. Is there any truth to this?
    Yes.

Pujols has a minimal stride but still shifts his weight significantly, which helps to power the rotation of his hips.

When I see a guy who's a good hitter but who's lacking power, I usually see little to no weight shift (regardless of their stride length).
    Last edited by Chris O'Leary; 05-09-2008, 01:56 PM.
    Hitting Coordinator for Harris-Stowe State University in St. Louis.

I also work with the pitchers who are dealing with injury problems.

Comment

You can shift your weight without a stride. It's is called "Hip Shift" or at least that is what we call it. Many use some front leg movement to help them do it but it's not necessary.

Comment

I have just changed my batting stance. I hold the bat like a righty Ty Cobb, and stand like Mousis Alou. The thing is, I hit it over the 3rd basemen every time.

Comment

Its difficult, almost akward to weight shift with no stride, but no stride give better timing, which can be more important in some cases.

Comment

The Doyle Baseball School was the first to incorporate the no stride hitting approach. The purpose of this approach was for balance not for power. I instructed with them for 2.5 yrs and this approach did help hitters with balance but I could see a big drop in power.

EL,

Comment

I agree with Chris and Henry's posts above.

If you don't rotate well (most) going no stride is a good way to work on this assuming you understand your goal/destination. Doesn't mean you can't put it back in later.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X