Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reasonable swing position?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Reasonable swing position?

    Here is A Rod and my son at a comparative point in thier swings ...

    What do you see?
    Attached Files

  • #2
    Originally posted by iamfranki View Post
    Here is A Rod and my son at a comparative point in thier swings ...

    What do you see?
    Disconnection in your son's swing.

    It's moderate to severe depending on whether your son is pre or post contact in the picture.
    Hitting Coordinator for Harris-Stowe State University in St. Louis.

    I also work with the pitchers who are dealing with injury problems.

    Comment


    • #3
      swing position post hit

      Hi Chris this pic is after he has hit the ball, which went to right. You can almost see the blur of the ball right by the third basemen.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Chris O'Leary View Post
        Disconnection in your son's swing.

        It's moderate to severe depending on whether your son is pre or post contact in the picture.
        Besides the disconnect pointed out by Chris, I would like to see a more balanced swing.

        Look at A Rod and most big league hitters, they're more forward at point of contact, their shoulder inline with their hip and rear knee. In the lower picture, your son is sitting back a bit, with his shoulder inlined just behind his hip and the middle of his calf.

        Would have liked to have seen him forward more, especially if this is "after" contact.
        In memory of "Catchingcoach" - Dave Weaver: February 28, 1955 - June 17, 2011

        Comment


        • #5
          He may be squishing the bug. Weight seems back. Look at the difference between their back foot.
          "He who dares to teach, must never cease to learn."
          - John Cotton Dana (1856–1929) - Offered to many by L. Olson - Iowa (Teacher)
          Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting.

          Comment


          • #6
            With a still we are using mostly the WAG method. My serious suggestion after careful observation of this picture is post a video.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Mark H View Post
              With a still we are using mostly the WAG method. My serious suggestion after careful observation of this picture is post a video.
              Thank you.

              Comment

              Ad Widget

              Collapse
              Working...
              X