Long toss questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long toss questions

I just threw my first official long toss session after suffering triceps tendinitis back in January and February... and some setback during April during the rehab. Here are some questions about long toss

1) I don't want to brag, but is 250 ft good for 17 years old? I don't know if I have enough arm strength to catch up to my friends since I started to play relatively late... like 2 years ago
    2) How often should I long toss?
    3) What should I do after I throw? I know I did arm circles and a little tubes before throwing

Thats not bad its probably a little in front of where an outfielder would stand when playing to home plate. I would long toss maybe 2-3 times per week depending on what position you play too because if you play outfield or something it can be encorporated with skill work. You can do tubing after you throw as well, you can run, you can ice .... all are things that will help make your arm feel good after throwing. You can run any day though and it will help keep your arm feeling good.
    “If there was ever a man born to be a hitter it was me.” - Ted Williams
    "Didn't come up here to read. Came up here to hit." - Hank Aaron

Comment

Originally posted by Shake Zula View Post
      1) I don't want to brag, but is 250 ft good for 17 years old? I don't know if I have enough arm strength to catch up to my friends since I started to play relatively late... like 2 years ago
      It depends.

Are you throwing rainbows or on a line?
      Hitting Coordinator for Harris-Stowe State University in St. Louis.

I also work with the pitchers who are dealing with injury problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris O'Leary View Post
        It depends.

Are you throwing rainbows or on a line?
        Both. I haven't got a hang on the consistent arm slot. It felt really good with I'm throwing on a line

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X