X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nater44
    replied
    Originally posted by TG Coach View Post
    Lift the heel on your front foot and drop it instead of striding. It will get your hips started. Whenever my kids fall out of proper footwork, this fixes it. They eventually go back to their stride once they feel balanced.
    Great piece of advice. Also, checking to make sure you have some rhythm in your stance will allow for a proper weight shift and timing. Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• Mark H
    replied
    Good advice in this thread.

Bagwell was one of a kind.

Leave a comment:

• baseballz20
    replied
    Originally posted by HammeRDrop View Post
    Interesting. Should I widen my stance because of having no stride?
    Yes what you want to do is put your front foot were it would be if you did stride.

Leave a comment:

• Love The Game
    replied
    Jeff Bagwell actually stepped backwards when he would swing. I'm a big proponent of doing what feels most comfortable for you as a hitter. (As long as you are not doing anything drastically wrong as far as the basic mechanics of a good swing)

Leave a comment:

• korp
    replied
    The purpose really of a stride is to get the weight shifting so as long as you can rotate and shift your weight there really shouldn't be a problem. This is were strength training and emphasis on explosion can really help because you will do it from a standstill position.

Leave a comment:

• TG Coach
    replied
    You should place your front foot where you would stride to.

Leave a comment:

• HammeRDrop
    replied
    Interesting. Should I widen my stance because of having no stride?

Leave a comment:

• TG Coach
    replied
    Lift the heel on your front foot and drop it instead of striding. It will get your hips started. Whenever my kids fall out of proper footwork, this fixes it. They eventually go back to their stride once they feel balanced.

Leave a comment:

• HammeRDrop
    started a topic No stride?

No stride?

What do you guys think of a no-stride? I'm having trouble with getting my front foot down and relaxed before the swing. Would this help? Does this reduce power?

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X