What Glove Should I Get?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Glove Should I Get?

I am a middle infielder looking for an 11 or 11.25 inch glove. I have looked at many gloves, but need a lot of feedback on the following: Wilson A2K/2000,
    Rawling Pro Preferred, Primo, and Heart of the Hide, and Mizuno Pro. Any suggestions would be appreciated as well. I am just trying to find the perfect glove. Maybe Akadema's?

pro preferred is my favorite.

Comment

The feedback you will get will only be a poll of what glove each respondant uses. You need to get the glove that works the best for you. No one can decide but you.

Comment

If you like your glove stiffer and a little more "spread out" (opens larger) with "flatter" (straight) fingers, go with a Rawlings.
        If you like your glove softer with a smaller, more "closed" feeling with the fingers more "rounded" or "curled", get a Wilson.

If you go with the Rawlings, the Pro Preferred leather quality IS better, but it is not NECESSARY. I own three Heart of the Hides and wouldn't trade them for anything (and I will never buy anything but a HOH). But some people like the feeling of the Pro Preferred leather better. Steer clear of the Primo. They're not worth the money. Everyone I know of complains about how heavy the glove is. If you're going to pay $400+ for a glove, it had better be PERFECT - and these obviously aren't.

I think the same is also true with Wilson A2000 and A2K. The A2K is better in the quality department, but not necessary. However, I have heard some people complain about the durability of the glove and feel the A2000 is the better of the two. Personally, I don't use Wilsons because they don't fit my hand correctly, but I would never discourage anyone from buying one, as they ARE good gloves.

From what I know of the Mizuno Pros, if you buy one [directly] from Japan, your going to getting one of the best gloves (quality-wise) you can buy. The best glove makers over there are very highly recognized for their work. I don't think you can go wrong with one.

Have you ever looked at or thought about a glove called a Vinci Pro? Also a very nice glove.

Hope that helps.

On an end note...
        You're looking into buying some VERY nice gloves ($$$). My suggestion to you is: before you EVER buy any one of them, make sure you know how to properly take care of a glove!!! Otherwise, by the end of the first season, your $250 top-of-the-line beauty won't be worth much more than the $40 glove your buddy bought at Wal-mart.
        Last edited by StraightGrain11; 05-20-2008, 10:27 PM.
        "Coaches should teach people to play better baseball, not teach baseball to make better players."
        "In the Little League manual it says 'Baseball builds character' - that is not true. Baseball reveals character." - Augie Garrido

Comment

straightgrain11, thanks, one more thing

Hey straightgrain11 thanks a lot for the info, but one more thing. I am new to the art of glove-buying, so you can tell me tips/how to take care of a glove, or refer me somewhere. Also, which Vinci Pro wold you recommend?
          Last edited by brian920; 05-20-2008, 08:12 PM.

Comment

Brian, check your PM's.
            "Coaches should teach people to play better baseball, not teach baseball to make better players."
            "In the Little League manual it says 'Baseball builds character' - that is not true. Baseball reveals character." - Augie Garrido

Comment

Originally posted by TG Coach View Post
              The feedback you will get will only be a poll of what glove each respondant uses. You need to get the glove that works the best for you. No one can decide but you.
              Agreed, go to a place to try them on and feel what is best for you.

Comment

Gloves

I play short and third, and I have a Rawlings HOH and Primo. I also have a Wilson A200. I love my Primo and HOH. Stick with Rawlings.
                Young Revs #23

Comment

If I may get in here...
                  Is there anyone with a recommendation on a less expensive glove. I am 37 and just started on a church softball league. I am using a Mizuno that my Dad bought me in little league. I think it's about shot. I will only be playing about 20 games a year and throwing with my 9yr old son when he is playing baseball. I want a fairly good glove but I cannot justify paying several hundred dollars for one no more than I will use it.
                  Online I see many in the $50-$80 dollar range. This is what I am looking for.
                  Any suggestions in this price range?

Comment

Actually. YES! I have a very good recommendation for you. They are by Rawlings and called the Sandlot Series. If I recall correctly, they are about $60 a glove, and very nice in the quality department for that price.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X