Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• StraightGrain11
    replied
    Actually. YES! I have a very good recommendation for you. They are by Rawlings and called the Sandlot Series. If I recall correctly, they are about $60 a glove, and very nice in the quality department for that price.

Leave a comment:

• SUMRX4
    replied
    If I may get in here...
    Is there anyone with a recommendation on a less expensive glove. I am 37 and just started on a church softball league. I am using a Mizuno that my Dad bought me in little league. I think it's about shot. I will only be playing about 20 games a year and throwing with my 9yr old son when he is playing baseball. I want a fairly good glove but I cannot justify paying several hundred dollars for one no more than I will use it.
    Online I see many in the $50-$80 dollar range. This is what I am looking for.
    Any suggestions in this price range?

Leave a comment:

• Hartattack52
    replied
    Gloves

I play short and third, and I have a Rawlings HOH and Primo. I also have a Wilson A200. I love my Primo and HOH. Stick with Rawlings.

Leave a comment:

• Jim W.
    replied
    Originally posted by TG Coach View Post
    The feedback you will get will only be a poll of what glove each respondant uses. You need to get the glove that works the best for you. No one can decide but you.
    Agreed, go to a place to try them on and feel what is best for you.

Leave a comment:

• StraightGrain11
    replied
    Brian, check your PM's.

Leave a comment:

• brian920
    replied
    straightgrain11, thanks, one more thing

Hey straightgrain11 thanks a lot for the info, but one more thing. I am new to the art of glove-buying, so you can tell me tips/how to take care of a glove, or refer me somewhere. Also, which Vinci Pro wold you recommend?
    Last edited by brian920; 05-20-2008, 09:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• StraightGrain11
    replied
    If you like your glove stiffer and a little more "spread out" (opens larger) with "flatter" (straight) fingers, go with a Rawlings.
    If you like your glove softer with a smaller, more "closed" feeling with the fingers more "rounded" or "curled", get a Wilson.

If you go with the Rawlings, the Pro Preferred leather quality IS better, but it is not NECESSARY. I own three Heart of the Hides and wouldn't trade them for anything (and I will never buy anything but a HOH). But some people like the feeling of the Pro Preferred leather better. Steer clear of the Primo. They're not worth the money. Everyone I know of complains about how heavy the glove is. If you're going to pay $400+ for a glove, it had better be PERFECT - and these obviously aren't.

I think the same is also true with Wilson A2000 and A2K. The A2K is better in the quality department, but not necessary. However, I have heard some people complain about the durability of the glove and feel the A2000 is the better of the two. Personally, I don't use Wilsons because they don't fit my hand correctly, but I would never discourage anyone from buying one, as they ARE good gloves.

From what I know of the Mizuno Pros, if you buy one [directly] from Japan, your going to getting one of the best gloves (quality-wise) you can buy. The best glove makers over there are very highly recognized for their work. I don't think you can go wrong with one.

Have you ever looked at or thought about a glove called a Vinci Pro? Also a very nice glove.

Hope that helps.

On an end note...
    You're looking into buying some VERY nice gloves ($$$). My suggestion to you is: before you EVER buy any one of them, make sure you know how to properly take care of a glove!!! Otherwise, by the end of the first season, your $250 top-of-the-line beauty won't be worth much more than the $40 glove your buddy bought at Wal-mart.
    Last edited by StraightGrain11; 05-20-2008, 11:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

• TG Coach
    replied
    The feedback you will get will only be a poll of what glove each respondant uses. You need to get the glove that works the best for you. No one can decide but you.

Leave a comment:

• paul5150
    replied
    pro preferred is my favorite.

Leave a comment:

• brian920
    started a topic What Glove Should I Get?

What Glove Should I Get?

I am a middle infielder looking for an 11 or 11.25 inch glove. I have looked at many gloves, but need a lot of feedback on the following: Wilson A2K/2000,
    Rawling Pro Preferred, Primo, and Heart of the Hide, and Mizuno Pro. Any suggestions would be appreciated as well. I am just trying to find the perfect glove. Maybe Akadema's?

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X