How does my swing look?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does my swing look?

Does anyone see anything i can improve on?

Posture, connection and rotation??
    "He who dares to teach, must never cease to learn."
    - John Cotton Dana (1856–1929) - Offered to many by L. Olson - Iowa (Teacher)
    Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting.

Comment

I'll agree with Jake, the posture and rotation need alot of work. Something tells me, though, if you get your posture down better, the rotation will start to work itself out...
      Last edited by StraightGrain11; 05-23-2008, 07:06 PM.
      "Coaches should teach people to play better baseball, not teach baseball to make better players."
      "In the Little League manual it says 'Baseball builds character' - that is not true. Baseball reveals character." - Augie Garrido

Comment

No expert, but something touched on by many good coaches/ instructors like charlie laue jr talk about the check swing.

Watch posada check his swing. Get everything going each time:

Comment

It looks like you need to minimise hip movement and focus primarily on hand extension through the zone.

Comment

I agree with Jake and Straight. You look good until you start to rotate but you need to learn HOW to rotate and how to do that from and with good posture. I'll give you a link but it's probably going to take some discussion and pointing before you see it. Sonny, I again disagree with you. His hip rotation is somewhere between awful and nonexistent right now. Why would you want to further minimize that? What you describe doesn't sound like any elite hitter I've watched.

Suddartha, study the nature of the rotation on here http://imageevent.com/siggy/hitting/...lcp2i01.lion_s compared to what you do, if you would, and many on here will discuss any questions you may have. OTOH, if you are hitting as well as you want to at the highest level you aspire to, don't worry about it and just go have fun. Otherwise you have a lot of work to do changing movement patterns.

Comment

Would everyone agree that the attached images kind of "tell the whole story" so to speak?

Having looked at the film a few more times, it also looks as though your posture problem possibly stems from a lack of good weight shift.Your lower front-side is going forward, and your enitre top half is going backward.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by StraightGrain11; 05-24-2008, 10:43 PM.
              "Coaches should teach people to play better baseball, not teach baseball to make better players."
              "In the Little League manual it says 'Baseball builds character' - that is not true. Baseball reveals character." - Augie Garrido

Comment

Originally posted by Sonny Schmidt View Post
                It looks like you need to minimise hip movement and focus primarily on hand extension through the zone.
                So you want to minimize his bat speed?
                Hitting Coordinator for Harris-Stowe State University in St. Louis.

I also work with the pitchers who are dealing with injury problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonny Schmidt View Post
                  No matter how many times many of us show you video that contradicts what you say, you continue to post erroneous statements like the one above.

Ted Williams, 2 kinesiologists with PhD's who studied the swing, and several physicists with PhD's and several MLB hitting coaches all agree that it works different from what you say, yet you still make posts as if you have it right.

Comment

Originally posted by StraightGrain11 View Post
                    Would everyone agree that the attached images kind of "tell the whole story" so to speak?

Having looked at the film a few more times, it also looks as though your posture problem possibly stems from a lack of good weight shift.Your lower front-side is going forward, and your enitre top half is going backward.
                    Certainly shows the bad result of a bad start.

Comment

Swing

Well how should I posture and what kind of drills can I do tell help my rotation?
                      Thank you all!

I really appreciate all the input.

M

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X