Rawlings HOH Glove

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rawlings HOH Glove

hey guys, I just ordered a Rawlings HOH Pro200 9JB from sportsauthority.com and I was wondering if anyone can tell me their experiences with this glove or other similar gloves

Not as good as they were when they were made in the US. Pre-oiled leathers for the loss!

Comment

What gloves are ACTUALLY made in the US anymore?

I just found out that the Glovesmith Elite gloves have now been farmed out to China!

Twitch5

Comment

Originally posted by UMRebels13 View Post
        Not as good as they were when they were made in the US. Pre-oiled leathers for the loss!
        what's the main difference btwn the HOH's made in the US and those that are made out of the US (i'm assuming they're made in china now...)

Comment

Originally posted by stl002 View Post
          what's the main difference btwn the HOH's made in the US and those that are made out of the US (i'm assuming they're made in china now...)
          Philippines actually. The only HOH gloves made in the US now are those ordered from EastBay on their custom glove program.
          Have Fun and Play Hard!

Chuck Faulkner
          Tazewell TN 37879
          The Glove Medic

Comment

http://www.rawlings.com/customglove/

These are made in the Rawlings St. Louis Pro shop.

Comment

Originally posted by stl002 View Post
              It isn't really where they were made, but when they were made in the US, they used horween leather. Now they use cheaper, thinner, and pre-oiled leathers.

Comment

so...would this glove be made in the US:
                http://www.ballgloves.com/cgi-local/p.pl?PRO6HF

Comment

Originally posted by UMRebels13 View Post
                  It isn't really where they were made, but when they were made in the US, they used horween leather. Now they use cheaper, thinner, and pre-oiled leathers.
                  I know of a place you can still order a few made out of the Horween Leather, I just got one last year. And trust me, its VERY stiff (and not "pre-oiled", at all).
                  "Coaches should teach people to play better baseball, not teach baseball to make better players."
                  "In the Little League manual it says 'Baseball builds character' - that is not true. Baseball reveals character." - Augie Garrido

Comment

You can get Horween leather made gloves at ballgloves.com. They are still made in the Phillipines though.

The made in the USA thing has become a big want, but like was stated earlier its the leather that is the important thing as far as glove quality go.

You can get some made in the USA gloves on Ebay - I have bought a few, the problem is they are mostly atleast 10 years old...so they are either very used, and if they are new they have been stored somewhere and for some reason have lost their stiffness.

One thing that Rawlings has done is threaded their HOH gloves right through the middle of the fingers and put "stays" in the thumb and pinky allowing the glove to keep their shape.

The current HOH gloves are not as good as the made in the USA gloves are when they were new, but they are still top level gloves.

Glovesmith Elite gloves are about as close as your going to get to the old Rawlings leather. Problem with Glovesmith is they dont have a huge choice of "off the shelf" gloves. You are better off going with their Custom glove program.

I spoke to someone at Glovesmith and they were telling me that a big part of the downgrade in leather is because players dont want to take forever to break in their glove. I found that absurd but I see players on the softball board I belong to and they are more concerned about break in time then glove quality so I guess it has some merit. Not by me. I rather take a long time to break it in and have a top quality glove.

Comment

I still use a wilson glove thats about 20 years old. I found that old little league glove of mine last year all moldy. I soaked and washed it in bleach water to get the mold out. Its not moldy anymore. Its a little soft, but I could still play catch with it. Im not saying I would use it in a game.

I dont think you need the best leather and it will still work for a long time. And my vote goes to break in > the great leather.

Comment

I went to my local sport chalet and after putting my hands in about 6 or 7 gloves, which included some pp other hoh, and wilson a2000's the rawlings pro200 9jb was the "stiffest" glove...i can't even imagine how hard the ones made from horween leather were

Comment

Originally posted by 59FIFTY View Post
                          http://www.rawlings.com/customglove/

These are made in the Rawlings St. Louis Pro shop.
                          They say no. I have that from a reliable source at the plant. Those are also made off shore. Only the EastBay gloves are made in the Washington MO plant.
                          Last edited by glovemedic; 06-01-2008, 07:10 PM.
                          Have Fun and Play Hard!

Chuck Faulkner
                          Tazewell TN 37879
                          The Glove Medic

Comment

Originally posted by glovemedic View Post
                            They say no. I have that from a reliable source at the plant. Those are also made off shore. Only the EastBay gloves are made in the Washington MO plant.
                            Well i saw a Rawlings HOH, 11.5" H-web on ebay that was a custom one; all camel, tan laces and it had St. Louis Pro Shop stamped on it.

Where are the MLB/Pro gloves made?

Comment

Nokona gloves still made here?
                              See ball, hit ball.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X