No announcement yet.

Rawlings HOH Glove

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let me preface bysaying, I've always had an affection to Rawlings gloves...

My son uses a Rawlings Heart of the Hide PRO227-8JB Infielders Glove 10.75", and they're awesome... for a while... He's on his 3rd one in 3 years, as the lining has basically rotted out of the prior two, the 3rd one is only 8 months old (and holding up better than the prior two)... Because of the "breakdowns" of the prior two, we decided to get something different...

The TPX Pro Flare gloves are very, very stiff Horween... Probably one of the finest made gloves I've ever seen as well... Reminds me A LOT of the old Rawlings gloves... SWEET. The heel pattern is a little narrower feeling than the Rawlings, but we're working it in to get it where we want it...
    I don't like my balls to smell like pickles.

Comment

Originally posted by The Glovedoctor View Post
      Horween is a US leather supplier from the USA that Rawlings has used for more than 50 years.
      Horween Leather Company

http://www.horween.com
      I don't like my balls to smell like pickles.

Comment

a couple months ago i got the rawlings pro-200 9jb and i seriously fell in love with it...nice wide and deep pocket that was stiff as hell to start out with but gradually softened and formed to my hand perfectly...i loved it so much, i just went out and bought a pro 200 4jbt...this one comes with a modified trap-eze web instead of a solid 2-piece...yupp, i think i'm gonna love this one as well...personally, i still think rawlings hoh is the way to go...stiffer and lasts longer than the pro preferreds

Comment

FYI, I asked some questions and got some answers.....

Q3) I just got a new customized HOH glove. I have always wondered what the letter stamp on the glove meant. My new glove has the "ESER" stamp on it.

A3.) The letters ESER are a letter system that we use internally to track gloves. It is confidential and can not be reveled Sorry!
          Here is the code:

B1
          L2
          A3
          C4
          K5
          H6
          O7
          R8
          S9
          E0

So ESER is 09/08.
          Have Fun and Play Hard!

Chuck Faulkner
          Tazewell TN 37879
          The Glove Medic

Comment

Originally posted by glovemedic View Post
            Here is the code:

B1
            L2
            A3
            C4
            K5
            H6
            O7
            R8
            S9
            E0

So ESER is 09/08.
            Where did you get that??? Makes sense, since my glove was most likely made in September of 2008.
            www.glovedoctor.net

Comment

Where did you get that??? Makes sense, since my glove was most likely made in September of 2008.
              Vintage Baseball Glove Forum
              Have Fun and Play Hard!

Chuck Faulkner
              Tazewell TN 37879
              The Glove Medic

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X