X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • baseballer6
    • Jun 2007

Frustrated With Hitting

I've been starting to have trouble lately with picking up the ball(may be my vision I have an eye appointment soon). It seems I often hit the top of the ball or pop it up. My coach says I'm pulling off and my shoulders are coming out which they probably are. He also told me to not start to rotate until my front foot is planted. I thought you were suppose to start rotating before your front foot is down. I'm also not hitting the ball to the opposite field much anymore like I use to. This past year was a great year for me I hit very well and hit my first HR. Ever since about 2 weeks ago I'm in a slump and every time I think I have my swing figured out and hit like a monster with my dad my coach finds another problem. I'm tired of being in a slump and having problems with my swing. When I hit with my dad I tear it up and I was tearing it up earlier this year. Please help me and if anyone knows a cheap brand of video camera that I could buy to get my swing on here I'd appreciate it.Thanks
  • PhilliesPhan22
    Student of the Game
    • Dec 2004

Most cheaper digi cams can do video. Kinda hard to offer advice without seeing your swing.
    See ball, hit ball.

Comment

• baseballer6
      • Jun 2007

sorry to be a pain but can you give a link or something to one that would work on like best-buy.com or wal-mart.com please. thanks

Comment

• callyjr
        • Feb 2007

Is your dad throwing at the same speeds your seeing in BP or games? Sounds like your more relaxed around dad and not as much otherwise.

Comment

• LAball
          • Feb 2008

Originally posted by baseballer6 View Post
          sorry to be a pain but can you give a link or something to one that would work on like best-buy.com or wal-mart.com please. thanks
          whats your buget? I like the super duper ultra pooper high def smoke-em dope=em Sony one.
          Shop Sony 5.0MP Handycam High-Definition Camcorder Silver/Gray at Best Buy. Find low everyday prices and buy online for delivery or in-store pick-up. Price Match Guarantee.

Christmas cant come soon enough

Comment

• mudvnine
            Super Moderator
            • Apr 2008

I've used the Panasonic PV-GS15 for about 4 years now and have been very happy with it and because of its digital format, it works well with my Sports Motion software.

The newer GR-DA30US is available at Best Buy for $199, is also digital and should meet you needs. Click here for the Best Buy link.

In memory of "Catchingcoach" - Dave Weaver: February 28, 1955 - June 17, 2011

Comment

• mudvnine
              Super Moderator
              • Apr 2008

I've been starting to have trouble lately with picking up the ball(may be my vision I have an eye appointment soon). It seems I often hit the top of the ball or pop it up. My coach says I'm pulling off and my shoulders are coming out which they probably are. He also told me to not start to rotate until my front foot is planted. I thought you were suppose to start rotating before your front foot is down. I'm also not hitting the ball to the opposite field much anymore like I use to. This past year was a great year for me I hit very well and hit my first HR. Ever since about 2 weeks ago I'm in a slump and every time I think I have my swing figured out and hit like a monster with my dad my coach finds another problem. I'm tired of being in a slump and having problems with my swing. When I hit with my dad I tear it up and I was tearing it up earlier this year.
              This may sound funny, but what does your dad say about your swing and approach? Your dad has watched you since you started and I bet has a pretty good idea what is happening when your hitting well and what you're doing now when things are going bad.

Even if he's not a hitting instructor, he's probably seen enough of your swings to at least give an idea of where things just "look different".

If this is a new coach for you, he may have a diiferent approach then what might be your usual style and as it sounds, may be unwittingly causing you to over think your at bats. This becomes pretty evident when you say that you "hit like a monster with my dad my coach finds another problem."

Relax and simplify. Forget about trying to over analyze your swing and just work on "see the ball, hit the ball". Get your coach out of your head when you're at the plate.

I know that's easy to say, but hard to do . . . Good luck
              In memory of "Catchingcoach" - Dave Weaver: February 28, 1955 - June 17, 2011

Comment

• StraightGrain11
                • Sep 2007

MV9 and cally are exactly right.
                You're not THINKING with your dad. You're just HITTING. When you get with your coach, he gets in your head and starts telling you all the stuff your doing "wrong", so you start trying to "please him", and you start THINKING.
                Don't THINK, just HIT.
                Last edited by StraightGrain11; 06-01-2008, 09:05 PM.
                "Coaches should teach people to play better baseball, not teach baseball to make better players."
                "In the Little League manual it says 'Baseball builds character' - that is not true. Baseball reveals character." - Augie Garrido

Comment

• baseballer6
                  • Jun 2007

thanks for the replies. I am happy to say I finally fixed my problem with the help of my coach. I wasn't shifting my weight I was staying back too much. I know it worked because I hit very well in our game the other night. Thanks for the replies. If I get that camcorder will I need to download programs onto my computer?

Comment

• callyjr
                    • Feb 2007

thanks for the replies. I am happy to say I finally fixed my problem with the help of my coach. I wasn't shifting my weight I was staying back too much. I know it worked because I hit very well in our game the other night. Thanks for the replies. If I get that camcorder will I need to download programs onto my computer?
                    amazing what the mind will do. Glad to hear your confidence is back!!

Comment

• kylebee
                      Owner: Driveline Baseball
                      • Dec 2006

Figuring out weight shift is quite difficult. Good job!
                      Owner of Driveline Baseball - Seattle, WA

Comment

• PhillsPhan11
                        • Feb 2008

Congrats glad to hear you're hitting better I kind of had a little of the same problem earlier.
                        "I'd walk through hell in a gasoline suit to play baseball." - Pete Rose

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X