Swing Anaylsis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swing Anaylsis

Feedback please....From what I can see he is already swingings AS his foot comes down, not waiting until footplant....Any ideas?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyDqQbBYu2g

tominct,

In my opinion….

His grip looks a little to tense to me (wrists do not appear to be as cupped and flexible as they could be) but this could be due to his small hands.

His stance and posture look really good to me.

I notice that he sets his hands back during his stance instead of taking them back during his stride, which to me is fine. Many great hitters do it this way. It’s 100% “style” in my opinion.

I really like his pre-stride, move back (for fluidity and timing) when the pitcher separates his hands (though you can’t see it here). I see this move in the majority of college and professional hitters but the minority of pre high school hitters.

His stride appears rushed but this could be due to him swinging uphill. However, I like the way his hands go back at the same time his foot travels forward (not as visible since he starts with them so far back to begin with).

His hips appear restricted due to a rushed stride and probably swinging uphill as well. He’s what 10?, so lack of physical strength is also an issue that won’t be there when he’s 15.

I like it!

THop

Comment

I agree. He does many things well. It appears his "off-balance"-ness came from "slipping" on the carpet.

The only advice I can see is to give him, is to "finish high with his hands". Other than that...nice swing.
      "Coaches should teach people to play better baseball, not teach baseball to make better players."
      "In the Little League manual it says 'Baseball builds character' - that is not true. Baseball reveals character." - Augie Garrido

Comment

Originally posted by tominct View Post
        Feedback please....From what I can see he is already swingings AS his foot comes down, not waiting until footplant....Any ideas?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyDqQbBYu2g
        He also had bat drag. His back elbow is ahead of the knob of the bat.

Comment

Keep working with his lower body until he understands that that powers his swing. He could be more explosive in the hips.

*When you stop the video at the frame where his hand, elbow and pants all line up in a vertical line...this shows he has nice connection and that there is no evidence of bat drag.

Comment

Squishing the bug!
            "He who dares to teach, must never cease to learn."
            - John Cotton Dana (1856–1929) - Offered to many by L. Olson - Iowa (Teacher)
            Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting.

Comment

Originally posted by tominct View Post
              From what I can see he is already swingings AS his foot comes down, not waiting until footplant....Any ideas?
              Don't change the fact that his swing starts before the foot comes down! Many, many of the best hitters start their swing before footplant. Your son starts opening his hips before his foot comes down. That is a good thing! It creates good separation, or stretch, which is key to hitting the ball consistently hard.

My only advice would be to encourage him to finish high, and not across his body. I think it may come easier for him to do this as he gets older and stronger.

IMO though, please do not try and change something (hips opening before footplant) that will benefit him. I think it would be very detrimental.
              Check out my blog: www.notesfromthebag.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by beemax View Post
                Don't change the fact that his swing starts before the foot comes down! Many, many of the best hitters start their swing before footplant. Your son starts opening his hips before his foot comes down. That is a good thing! It creates good separation, or stretch, which is key to hitting the ball consistently hard.

My only advice would be to encourage him to finish high, and not across his body. I think it may come easier for him to do this as he gets older and stronger.

IMO though, please do not try and change something (hips opening before footplant) that will benefit him. I think it would be very detrimental.
                I agree, watch chipper:

Every swing of chipper, his swing starts before his foot even comes down.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X