High School Pitching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High School Pitching

I am a high school pitcher this year, and determined to make the varsity team. Our season begins later than usual, and would anyone have any suggestions to both conditioning programs and especially flexibility programs? Personally, I'm not much for some of the items on the market concerning baseball training, I doubt how much they really work.
    I visited the site Baseball101.com, but to be frank, if I could avoid paying I sure would. Any suggestions or comments at all would be great.

Well I'm not sure when the season starts... hopefully your not waiting too long to get conditioned.. lol that should happen during the offseason, not 3-4 weeks before the season starts. But anyways, speed ladder, running sprints, long distance running, med ball (for the core), squat jumps, and lunges.

Also, get out and start throwing (if you have already, then ignore this). Don't just rush onto the mound and throw 80 pitches.. build up the intensity.... maybe throw 30-40 pitches the first day. A few days later throw some more, maybe 35-50 pitches, and so on and so forth.
    While I do prefer to interact with people in a gentle manner... I'm also not at all opposed to establishing my dominance in a reign of terror.

Comment

Thanks for the advice. Don't worry though, I've already been outside pitching and the season begins in about 10 weeks, and I've already been in the Weight Room, I was simply interested if there was anything else I could to do to improve further. Thanks again!

Comment

10 weeks? Good, keep throwing off the mound. The only way to continually improve control and velocity is to throw off the mound. And good luck! I hope you make the Varsity team.
        While I do prefer to interact with people in a gentle manner... I'm also not at all opposed to establishing my dominance in a reign of terror.

Comment

google ron woolforth or the athleticpitcher dot com...

Comment

Originally posted by XFactor
            10 weeks? Good, keep throwing off the mound. The only way to continually improve control and velocity is to throw off the mound. And good luck! I hope you make the Varsity team.
            We are already in week two here in California for HS baseball.
            http://www.baseballhalloffame.org/ex...eline_1961.jpg

Comment

Well yeah.. it's nice and warm in CA :P

Comment

You bet. That is why 18 million people live in So Cal, and that does not include Santa Barbara and San Diego.
                http://www.baseballhalloffame.org/ex...eline_1961.jpg

Comment

Pshh, show off! Haha.. and here I am stuck in Minnesota.. ayee why did winter decide to rear it's head now?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X