One of my students

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ditto on the "real fun".

Many many kids just like to swing, run, throw and just bascially "play"......like "let's go outside and play."

I've always felt the "real fun" was in getting good at something.

Comment

Originally posted by Ohfor
      Ditto on the "real fun".

Many many kids just like to swing, run, throw and just bascially "play"......like "let's go outside and play."

I've always felt the "real fun" was in getting good at something.

Agreed. Always been like that too. Which is why I never liked to play basketball :grouchy

Comment

Originally posted by Riverdog
        What's with the high back elbow? I thought we were getting away from that "softball" junk. It's a distraction and offers no advantage to a hitter. Many of the pro ballplayers that I have talked to have told me that it's the worst thing they were taught in Little League.
        Riverdog the high back elbow is not necessary, but it can help to prevent bat drag. I don't teach elbow up or down, but if I see a lot of bat drag I try to get the kid focused on leaving the hands connected to the shoulders as long as possible. Plenty of big leaguers have the elbow up.

As I brought up the other day, internet experts claiming "back elbow up is passe" is nearly as simplistic as daddy ball coach screaming "get yer elbow up". The goal is to prevent disconnection right?

Comment

Originally posted by LClifton
          HG,

I would like to take a minute to respond to Mackie and my original post.

Certainly I was not meaning to be at all critical of anything with this little guys' swing.

When I posted the "full treatment" it was in fun and just wanted him, his Dad?, or whoever to know that we / I are looking at him and anxious to see his progress. He is not in "good hands" he is in "great hands"....

It was stated earlier (Mr. U) that he wished he had someone to help him learn to swing at a young age. Starting with (as some of us know) our kids at a later age.....well I think many of us think "If I knew then (earlier) what I think I know now, how much better chance would my son / daughter have, of being a better hitter.

My point is-----my intent was nothing other than encouragement, letting him know people here are interested in seeing him progress.

To me, the fun is not only playing, but learning to become good at it. That's real fun.

Most Sincerely,
          LClifton
          I never thought for a second that you were being critical. I understand what kind of talent this kid has regardless of what anybody says about him. I'm actually considering taking a little fall ball team with his dad after the season.

I appreiciate your concern.

Comment

Thanks

Originally posted by hiddengem
            I never thought for a second that you were being critical. I understand what kind of talent this kid has regardless of what anybody says about him. I'm actually considering taking a little fall ball team with his dad after the season.

I appreiciate your concern.
            Lots of "good" in Mackie's swing. Keep up the good work. I hope the fall team works out, what a great experience that will be for the kids.

Thanks HG.
            LClifton

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X