• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LClifton
    replied
    Thanks

Originally posted by hiddengem
    I never thought for a second that you were being critical. I understand what kind of talent this kid has regardless of what anybody says about him. I'm actually considering taking a little fall ball team with his dad after the season.

I appreiciate your concern.
    Lots of "good" in Mackie's swing. Keep up the good work. I hope the fall team works out, what a great experience that will be for the kids.

Thanks HG.
    LClifton

Leave a comment:

• hiddengem
    replied
    Originally posted by LClifton
    HG,

I would like to take a minute to respond to Mackie and my original post.

Certainly I was not meaning to be at all critical of anything with this little guys' swing.

When I posted the "full treatment" it was in fun and just wanted him, his Dad?, or whoever to know that we / I are looking at him and anxious to see his progress. He is not in "good hands" he is in "great hands"....

It was stated earlier (Mr. U) that he wished he had someone to help him learn to swing at a young age. Starting with (as some of us know) our kids at a later age.....well I think many of us think "If I knew then (earlier) what I think I know now, how much better chance would my son / daughter have, of being a better hitter.

My point is-----my intent was nothing other than encouragement, letting him know people here are interested in seeing him progress.

To me, the fun is not only playing, but learning to become good at it. That's real fun.

Most Sincerely,
    LClifton
    I never thought for a second that you were being critical. I understand what kind of talent this kid has regardless of what anybody says about him. I'm actually considering taking a little fall ball team with his dad after the season.

I appreiciate your concern.

Leave a comment:

• Ohioteamz
    replied
    Originally posted by Riverdog
    What's with the high back elbow? I thought we were getting away from that "softball" junk. It's a distraction and offers no advantage to a hitter. Many of the pro ballplayers that I have talked to have told me that it's the worst thing they were taught in Little League.
    Riverdog the high back elbow is not necessary, but it can help to prevent bat drag. I don't teach elbow up or down, but if I see a lot of bat drag I try to get the kid focused on leaving the hands connected to the shoulders as long as possible. Plenty of big leaguers have the elbow up.

As I brought up the other day, internet experts claiming "back elbow up is passe" is nearly as simplistic as daddy ball coach screaming "get yer elbow up". The goal is to prevent disconnection right?

Leave a comment:

• MrUniverse09
    replied
    Originally posted by Ohfor
    Ditto on the "real fun".

Many many kids just like to swing, run, throw and just bascially "play"......like "let's go outside and play."

I've always felt the "real fun" was in getting good at something.

Agreed. Always been like that too. Which is why I never liked to play basketball :grouchy

Leave a comment:

• Ohfor
    replied
    Ditto on the "real fun".

Many many kids just like to swing, run, throw and just bascially "play"......like "let's go outside and play."

I've always felt the "real fun" was in getting good at something.

Leave a comment:

• LClifton
    replied
    Mackie

HG,

I would like to take a minute to respond to Mackie and my original post.

Certainly I was not meaning to be at all critical of anything with this little guys' swing.

When I posted the "full treatment" it was in fun and just wanted him, his Dad?, or whoever to know that we / I are looking at him and anxious to see his progress. He is not in "good hands" he is in "great hands"....

It was stated earlier (Mr. U) that he wished he had someone to help him learn to swing at a young age. Starting with (as some of us know) our kids at a later age.....well I think many of us think "If I knew then (earlier) what I think I know now, how much better chance would my son / daughter have, of being a better hitter.

My point is-----my intent was nothing other than encouragement, letting him know people here are interested in seeing him progress.

To me, the fun is not only playing, but learning to become good at it. That's real fun.

Most Sincerely,
    LClifton

Leave a comment:

• ssarge
    replied
    I'm done............a waste of all our time and the readers time.
    Reconsider this, Donny. Keep reading, pick your spots, use video and photos to support your points, and grow w/ the rest of us. Sure, you are often a minority opinion. So what? Truth exists as an entity to itself. If you're convinced you have found it, don't give up because others disagree.

Reading your stuff over the past few months, it seems to me that you have evolved your beliefs. Suspect some influences here have been a factor. I would assume that has value to you?

As for commercial influence, no one here benefits by so much as a penny if Steve sells a CD. While he does have a commercial interest, so do you and Erik. I don't think anyone begrudges that - I hope not, anyway.

Best wishes,

Scott

Leave a comment:

• ssarge
    replied
    What's with the high back elbow?
    If you are talking about the 6 YO hitter, I think his elbow is about the correct height. What is going on w/ the rear shoulder horizontally is probably more important than the elbow heighth, though.

Regards,

Scott

Leave a comment:

• Riverdog
    replied
    What's with the high back elbow? I thought we were getting away from that "softball" junk. It's a distraction and offers no advantage to a hitter. Many of the pro ballplayers that I have talked to have told me that it's the worst thing they were taught in Little League.

Leave a comment:

• MrUniverse09
    replied
    that's quite a nice swing for the little guy. Better than mine! I wish I had someone at that age to teach me the correct way to swing

Leave a comment:

• chesspirate
    replied
    Originally posted by swingbuster
    This site has become SetPro...
    Okay, there are many people who post regularly here that agree on many things. But, i would like to add that if it is able to be proven with the aid of pictures/video (preferably video) then it easier to argue any particular point.

No matter how hard anyone here tries, words just do not convey, with as much accuracy, the point as intended necessarily.

The Real 'issue' here is that there are people in different camps, both sides thinking they only are right, and others are plain wrong. As hard as it is to read and respond to, sometimes, for people, i really feel that the discussion, and sometimes very heated discussion, can be VERY beneficial for the 'others' here that don't live, eat, breathe this stuff.

And even if the 'others' don't get it, it can benefit the people arguing, in that they must be very descriptive in thier text or use visual aids etc. to get the appropriate point across, and not cause confusion.

I would urge all those that think that this site is to one way to continue to do what they do, and for those that get somewhat harsh to be harsh in different ways to keep it fresh!

Leave a comment:

• hiddengem
    replied
    Originally posted by 4for4
    How 'bout the sandbox. Are we allowed to keep that too? Or should we have it relocated to the watering hole?
    Did you get the clip?

Leave a comment:

• 4for4
    replied
    Originally posted by swingbuster
    This site has become SetPro with all the players and characteristics and a new leader that even writes like the old one. It is all about commercial support

Keep the DVD , keep the PCR

You can be cheerleaders for each other...have fun
    How 'bout the sandbox. Are we allowed to keep that too? Or should we have it relocated to the watering hole?
    Last edited by 4for4; 03-14-2006, 08:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mark H
    replied
    Maybe, or maybe you still have something to learn.

Leave a comment:

• swingbuster
    replied
    This site has become SetPro with all the players and characteristics and a new leader that even writes like the old one. It is all about commercial support

Keep the DVD , keep the PCR

You can be cheerleaders for each other...have fun
    Last edited by swingbuster; 03-14-2006, 08:28 PM.

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X