Flicking the wrists to contact

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ohfer ...

tell us more how you twist your hips so hard that your lead leg straghtens out.

tell us more about moooooooove the middle....defy gravity for us

ignore the hand set, plane transition, the hand torque, hip/ shoulder separation,stride momentum, weight transfer, there is no such thing as the barrel rotation around the hands.

Then tell us again why you think that Bonds is the best hitter of all time....

He knows how to moooooooove the middle.

trainers perspective from a coach with one pupil that uses non of the above to his advantage except move the middle.

A coach with one cue and a commercial no two,,, a book deal too

You have learned exactly 1/5 of the info you need before you reached expert status ...your stuck and it ain't getting better to you move on
    Last edited by swingbuster; 03-22-2006, 05:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fungo22
      Two strikes, Tom. Care to take another hack?
      Yeah Tom. Since you've been taken out to the woodshed on your most recent post, maybe that will give you some inspiration to go back in time about a week and half ago and tackle the questions that Scott posed? Perhaps you could use this opportunity to dig yourself out of your current hole?

Originally posted by Ohfor
      4for4

Are we related?
      Ya man. I'm feeling the love. You think Tom will answer the questions?

Comment

Only 3 of them but they are loud.

Comment

How many yankees were there?...10, 000

How many Rebels? ....3

What did they do?

Charge!!!!

Comment

So, it's hereditary?

Comment

Ohfool,

This us vs. them crap is ridiculous. Why MUST you be 100% right and anyone who doesn't buy hook, line and sinker into your theories 100% wrong???

Just because you have 20+ who passionately agree on the same principles doesn't mean the rest of the world is wrong. C'mon! I could start a forum that says the world is flat and if I could build my own following and chase away any naysayers w/ rude, obnoxious insults, it might make me and my posse feel good, but it doesn't alone make me 100% right.

I'm not saying there isn't a lot of great info here, but you're not right about everything all the time... unless, of course, you can PROVE it.

What you ARE good at is chasing away anyone who disagrees. You confuse lack of contrary opinions w/ omniscience. In reality, there are probably many people who just can't be bothered enduring your attitude if they were to challenge anything you say as not THE gospel. Add to that another likely large group of people who aren't here to challenge the posse because they're a bunch of "aimless wanderers", who as much as they try to help kids will never help them improve because they don't fully understand every last muscle twitch inside the body.

Gee, I wonder where you got that M.O. from?

For the record, I don't agree/understand 100% of what Tom and Donny say either, nor do I think you and your merry cult have the whole hitting world figured out either - at least not from the clips I'VE seen.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it ... hotshot!

Comment

AH, The Hands...

What do the hands really do? one thing and one thing only. they HOLD the bat.

What do the wrists really do? they load and unload, they're hinges.

What do the forearms really do? they hold the wrists in the loaded position as long as they possibly can. when the corner is turned the enormous force that is generated from the hips, torso and shoulder rotation causes the release of the the loaded/hinged wrists to snap/whip/hook/BHT... the beauty of the effortless swing. are the forearm muscles used to flick the bathead out? NO, just the opposite... they're used to hold the loaded position to the last millisecond before contact. it's called delayed wrist uncocking. that's where massive speed is generated. it's the optimization of momentum transfer

If the wrists uncock early in the swing, momentum transfer is LOST. the bathead acceleration is slowed.

Conclusion: don't mess with the hands(as a unit) they'll mess up your swing.

Rich
                Last edited by GoDeep; 03-23-2006, 11:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GoDeep
                  What do the hands really do? one thing and one thing only. they HOLD the bat.

What do the wrists really do? they load and unload, they're hinges.

What do the forearms really do? they hold the wrists in the loaded position as long as they possibly can. when the corner is turned the enormous force that is generated from the hips, torso and shoulder rotation causes the release of the the loaded/hinged wrists to snap/whip/hook/BHT... the beauty of the effortless swing. are the forearm muscles used to flick the bathead out? NO, just the opposite... they're used to hold the loaded position to the last millisecond before contact. it's called delayed wrist uncocking. that's where massive speed is generated. it's the optimization of momentum transfer

If the wrists uncock early in the swing, momentum transfer is LOST. the bathead acceleration is slowed.

Conclusion: don't [deleted] with the hands(as a unit) they'll mess up your swing.

Rich
                  Easy with the language there Rich. I know you tried to announce your presense with authotity, but give me a break, there are kids that read this forum.

By the way, it sounds like you believe forearm/hand strength is pretty much useless. Is that your stance?
                  Last edited by Macker; 04-22-2006, 04:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hiddengem
                    By the way, it sounds like you believe forearm/hand strength is pretty much useless. Is that your stance?
                    Uh oh... you're not going to get that started again, are you?

Forearm strength thread.

Comment

• What do the hands really do? one thing and one thing only. they HOLD the bat.
                      The hands turn the bat knob back to point to the rear hip and lead the loading backwards taking the bat, the rear elbow and the hips to their positions in their negative moves.

The barrel goes more vertical and holds the scaps into a loaded position to toe touch. ......then you hit.

Dead hands hitting is pretty bad for most people.

Comment

• but what do the arms do Rich ?

Comment

• Originally posted by jsiggy
                          Uh oh... you're not going to get that started again, are you?

Forearm strength thread.
                          Oh, not at all. I was working out with Piazza, Giles, Cameron and Green yesterday and we all spent a large amount of time on hand strength and forearm strength, Green swings a 34.5inch 33 with ounce bat. This is a MAJOR part of both the Major and Minor league workouts.

I was just going to tell them and the Major League strength and conditioning coach that a everybody but me on this site thinks they are waisting their time.
                          Last edited by hiddengem; 03-23-2006, 05:58 PM.

Comment

• H Gem...

Mr Piazza...does he take the barrel vertical an tipped away from body still

Comment

• Originally posted by hiddengem
                              Oh, not at all. I was working out with Piazza, Giles, Cameron and Green yesterday and we all spent a large amount of time on hand strength and forearm strength, Green swings a 34.5inch 33 with ounce bat. This is a MAJOR part of both the Major and Minor league workouts.

I was just going to tell them and the Major League strength and conditioning coach that a everybody but me on this site thinks they are waisting their time.
                              Which site was that where someone said they are wasting their time?

Comment

• Hey HG,

I think you need incredible forearm strength. especially with and endloaded bat. you don't use the strength to unload the loaded wrists, you use it to keep the bat loaded. if you have weak forearms the bat will prematurely unload because you are unable to keep it tight do to the enormous forces pulling it away from the rotating body.

Hey Tom,

Well, the back elbow doesn't slot that's for sure. and the front elbow doesn't work it's way up... the top arm lowers abit as the hands jump off the merry-go-round and the front forearm might extend abit depending on the pitch. i think the front arm angle is the most important aspect of the arm contribution to the swing.

Peace

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X