X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hiddengem
    replied
    Originally posted by Sultan_1895-1948
    That was impressive wasn't it. Able to get his hands through and stay flat like that. Most hitters would either chop that ball or foul it off the handle.
    or swing up to it, and miss it or pop it up.

Leave a comment:

• Sultan_1895-1948
    replied
    Originally posted by hiddengem
    Did anybody see the HR Pujols hit yesterday? I would love to have a clip of that. Talk about posture change and getting flat to a 90mph+ heater and his letters. That was impressive.
    That was impressive wasn't it. Able to get his hands through and stay flat like that. Most hitters would either chop that ball or foul it off the handle. Not Pujols. Guess that's what happens when today's "pitchers" miss their spot by 3 feet

Leave a comment:

• hiddengem
    replied
    Originally posted by wogdoggy
    Gem i'd bet you could really tag a golf ball with one of those super clubs everybody uses now,How far can you drive them?

ahh I'm a short knocker. Nicknamed "Grandpa golf" Easy swing, hit it straight. If I really get in to one I could probably hit it 300+yrds, but I'm normally 250-275 or so.

Leave a comment:

• wogdoggy
    replied
    Gem i'd bet you could really tag a golf ball with one of those super clubs everybody uses now,How far can you drive them?

Leave a comment:

• hiddengem
    replied
    Originally posted by Sultan_1895-1948
    And I'm gonna take you up on that sometime for sure.

Speakin' of longballs, have you noticed anything different about the baseballs this year HG? From watching baseball highlights, I've seen more off balance homers, and players getting "tied up" homers than ever before. The specs for the baseballs has a large enough window, where if you take two factors to the extreme you could add some seriousl liveliness.
    Na..Big league balls are always like hitting Top Flight Golf balls (Rocks).

Leave a comment:

• hiddengem
    replied
    Did anybody see the HR Pujols hit yesterday? I would love to have a clip of that. Talk about posture change and getting flat to a 90mph+ heater and his letters. That was impressive.

Leave a comment:

• Sultan_1895-1948
    replied
    Originally posted by Ohioteamz
    Sultan, I watched ChW-CLE today (diehard Tribe fan) and saw several players from both teams smoke some pitches today with most of them getting held up by wind. It seemed nobody could punch one until Hafner crushed one late.

Yet I have seen highlights like you mention. This added strength in the hands/forearms, certainly has to help when the other stuff breaks down. Of course they still got the damn barrel around.

Apparently I wasn't the only one watching the latter part of Cubs-Padres that last day wanting to see HG.
    I understand these guys are strong. They've been strong for awhile now. Like pretty much everyone on this board, I've been watching and playing baseball since I can remember. When we've seen home runs from the normal camera angle they give us, you have a certain level of "norm." You see a ball leave the bat, and based on the guys swing, the ball trajectory, his reaction, etc, you can pretty much tell it's going to be yarded or not.

Lately, it seems different. Balls that before looked like gappers at best off the bat, are now leaving the park. Guys are just slapping at the ball, and the ball leaves the yard oppo field. David Wright's opening day dinger is a perfect example. If we can post a highlight of that swing on here, that ball just shouldn't have carried that far. Guys get tied up inside, and somehow the outfielder just keeps running back and it's yacked. Maybe it's just me.

Trying to figure out what motive MLB would have to mess with the ball at this point in time. Only thing I can think of, is to keep offensive numbers up, to try and show that steroids weren't that big a part of the recent numbers? Who knows.

Granted, it's early.

37 games played so far.

Some of the total runs in single games:

Good time to put some money on the "overs" huh?

btw: your boy Hafner's got one of the best nicknames goin'. "Pronk" Feel free to elaborate on how he got it
    Last edited by Sultan_1895-1948; 04-06-2006, 02:27 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Ohioteamz
    replied
    Sultan, I watched ChW-CLE today (diehard Tribe fan) and saw several players from both teams smoke some pitches today with most of them getting held up by wind. It seemed nobody could punch one until Hafner crushed one late.

Yet I have seen highlights like you mention. This added strength in the hands/forearms, certainly has to help when the other stuff breaks down. Of course they still got the damn barrel around.

Apparently I wasn't the only one watching the latter part of Cubs-Padres that last day wanting to see HG.

Leave a comment:

• Sultan_1895-1948
    replied
    I've extended an invitation to "Sultan" to come out and watch some real BP We've got some real bangers on this team.
    And I'm gonna take you up on that sometime for sure.

Speakin' of longballs, have you noticed anything different about the baseballs this year HG? From watching baseball highlights, I've seen more off balance homers, and players getting "tied up" homers than ever before. The specs for the baseballs has a large enough window, where if you take two factors to the extreme you could add some seriousl liveliness.

Leave a comment:

• hiddengem
    replied
    Originally posted by Ohfor
    I watched the last 3 innings of Cubs v Padres Sunday, I believe, hoping to see you although I knew it wasn't likely. How are things?
    Things are good, we have our home opener tomorrow night. Great place to play here. Alot of good talent and I've extended an invitation to "Sultan" to come out and watch some real BP We've got some real bangers on this team.

Leave a comment:

• Ohfor
    replied
    I watched the last 3 innings of Cubs v Padres Sunday, I believe, hoping to see you although I knew it wasn't likely. How are things?

Leave a comment:

• Mark H
    replied
    I would say this swing thought would result in bad things for a sizable percentage of 12 and under learning hitters.

Leave a comment:

• hiddengem
    replied
    Originally posted by Mark H
    The "you" being the coach or the hitter?
    Both I suppose. If you as a hitter know how to use your hands correctly, then you the coach would know how to teach it.

Leave a comment:

• Mark H
    replied
    If you know what you are doing this won't happen.
    The "you" being the coach or the hitter?

Leave a comment:

• hiddengem
    replied
    Originally posted by Trot2millah
    Trying to snap, or roll, the wrists will cause you to hit on top of the ball and not very much power.
    If you know what you are doing this won't happen.

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X