Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I throw 84 mph and Im a freshman in Highschool

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I throw 84 mph and Im a freshman in Highschool

    I was with my trainer last weekend and I started to pitch and he had a radar gun setup. The fastest pitch I threw was 84 mph with a average of 79 mph. Im 5'6 and 110 pounds. Im also a freshman in highschool. My trainer said thats not normal for a person being as small and being only a freshman in highschool. My coaches were also surprised the next day. They said they never saw a freshman with that kind of speed, even sophmores never got up that far, but some seniors has got that far, but very few in school history. They want me on varsity team instead on Jr. Varsity too.

  • #2
    Thats great! I hope everything works out for ya. Just keep doing what your doing. Don't try to do everything at once. ^_^ Keep on truckin, lol
    While I do prefer to interact with people in a gentle manner... I'm also not at all opposed to establishing my dominance in a reign of terror.

    Comment


    • #3
      84 MPH is the one of the fastest in school history? I can throw 86 in high school right now as a freshman, and nobody said anything special about me. Some seniors at our school can throw 90+ MPH gas.

      Comment


      • #4
        fastest as a freshman

        Comment


        • #5
          90+ is NOT common. Somewhere in the 80s is where I expect to see good varsity pitchers. 84 is pretty good for a freshman. Go to work on the Jaeger long toss etc and see if you can get to 90 by your senior year.

          Comment


          • #6
            jaeger long toss?

            Mark H:
            Is Jaegar long toss different than just the plain old long toss??? It's a new term to me... do tell.

            Comment


            • #7
              Don't get too caught up on speed. Focus on being a pitcher not a thrower. By the way, was that a fast gun or slow gun?

              Comment


              • #8
                Jaegar long toss

                I googled it. Found some good articles.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by TrojanSkipper
                  Mark H:
                  Is Jaegar long toss different than just the plain old long toss??? It's a new term to me... do tell.
                  Alan Jaeger has a long toss regimen. Google Alan Jaeger long toss.

                  Edited to say I see you already have. Good for you. Hope to read about you on draft day in a few years.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Sultan_1895-1948
                    Don't get too caught up on speed. Focus on being a pitcher not a thrower. By the way, was that a fast gun or slow gun?
                    Do that too soon and you won't be what you could have been. Being a pitcher right now will win you games. Throwing the ball very very fast will get you the opportunity to move to levels the winning, but slower, pitcher will never have the opportunity to try. Work on both, but understand the hard thrower will always get the opportunity to prove he CAN'T pitch. The crafty winning slower pitcher will always have to prove he CAN win-if he even gets the opportunity. Just the way it is. Learn to throw the #$%^ out of the ball, THEN add the other stuff to that and you've got something.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      lol

                      Mark:
                      I hope you read about these young pitchers on draft day. If you read about me it means George W. has run out of soldiers and he wants 47 yr. old coaches who teach jr. high

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by TrojanSkipper
                        Mark:
                        I hope you read about these young pitchers on draft day. If you read about me it means George W. has run out of soldiers and he wants 47 yr. old coaches who teach jr. high
                        LOL, I guess it seemed I was drafting you in a few years, but I meant trugunz.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          You want a cookie?
                          "Simply put, the passion, interest and tradition surrounding baseball in New York is unmatched."

                          Sean McAdam, ESPN.com

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Trollhouse cookies your brand ElHalo?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Mark H
                              Do that too soon and you won't be what you could have been. Being a pitcher right now will win you games. Throwing the ball very very fast will get you the opportunity to move to levels the winning, but slower, pitcher will never have the opportunity to try. Work on both, but understand the hard thrower will always get the opportunity to prove he CAN'T pitch. The crafty winning slower pitcher will always have to prove he CAN win-if he even gets the opportunity. Just the way it is. Learn to throw the #$%^ out of the ball, THEN add the other stuff to that and you've got something.
                              I see what you're saying.
                              Keep in mind I never suggested he should morph into a Jamie Moyer type and not utillize his arm strength. My point was, that if he already possesses a great fastball, it will always be there. It does no good to only focus on pure speed, because once you reach a certain level, anyone can hit a good fastball. It's all about what you have to work off of that. Being able to locate with more than one pitch, and understanding hitters is key so you can counter their approach. Kids get too hung up on speed a lot because it's what they see from major leaguers. Ballparks post the speed of every pitch, espn shows a graphic of MPH. It's all hype that means nothing. Only encourages more "throwers," which isn't what the game needs at any level.

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X