Easton Stealth IMX .vs. Easton Synergy IMX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hitnpeas View Post
    Just curious if he has ever tried a B1, Virus or Anderson TZ and if so what he thought of them? You can pick em up used for what you paid for the others and maybe he will like one of these as well. Just a thought.... Good luck!!
    When we last played LL @ 10 years old, they all used the Combat B1 in All Stars. That is one amazing bat...but we kept cracking them beyond use. We still have a couple kids on our TB team that still uses the LL Combat. Our TB team got one of the first Virus' to try at practice and I was very disappointed. The ball just died coming off the bat. We have not used one since. A couple kids swing the Anderson, but it is usually our bigger kids. Mine tried it and again, did not like the (end loaded) balance.

Comment

Originally posted by AltaLomaStorm View Post
      When we last played LL @ 10 years old, they all used the Combat B1 in All Stars. That is one amazing bat...but we kept cracking them beyond use. We still have a couple kids on our TB team that still uses the LL Combat. Our TB team got one of the first Virus' to try at practice and I was very disappointed. The ball just died coming off the bat. We have not used one since. A couple kids swing the Anderson, but it is usually our bigger kids. Mine tried it and again, did not like the (end loaded) balance.
      Yeah the Anderson is a solid bat but not for everyone. The sweetspot is smaller and more EL'd. The B1 can give you problems with durability that the B2 should address. The performance of the B1 is unmatched imo. First ive heard that about the virus. It definitely gets hotter with use. Were y'all using the BB virus or the 2 1/4"? The BB version is a nice stick....

Comment

It was the BB version. Maybe the bat we had was just a dog...but to be honest, I have never seen a Virus in any of the tournaments we have been in during the last two years.

Was watching our older team playing up in a u14 major tournament today and most of the kids are using either the blue or red stealth.

Comment

Originally posted by AltaLomaStorm View Post
          It was the BB version. Maybe the bat we had was just a dog...but to be honest, I have never seen a Virus in any of the tournaments we have been in during the last two years.

Was watching our older team playing up in a u14 major tournament today and most of the kids are using either the blue or red stealth.
          The virus doesnt get near the love the B1 does but is a pretty decent BB. I am not sold on the 2 1/4" as the B1 is just that much better. Blue/Red stealths? What nobody swinging the NITRO?

Comment

The virus doesnt get near the love the B1 does but is a pretty decent BB. I am not sold on the 2 1/4" as the B1 is just that much better. Blue/Red stealths? What nobody swinging the NITRO?
            Yes the nitro. I've got 3 sports to pay for. His swing is the most important. Plus he never asked for any other bats, he uses the one I put in his hands and doesn't question.

I had a couple kids that went from using balanced bats and bought an end loaded B1 and had all kinds of trouble, but their swings were flaud in the first place, and when they added this bat, it exposed it even more. Combat makes a balanced version to the B1, and the Virus is balanced...the techzilla is end loaded as well.

Comment

Originally posted by rkbenn View Post
              Yes the nitro. I've got 3 sports to pay for. His swing is the most important. Plus he never asked for any other bats, he uses the one I put in his hands and doesn't question.

I had a couple kids that went from using balanced bats and bought an end loaded B1 and had all kinds of trouble, but their swings were flaud in the first place, and when they added this bat, it exposed it even more. Combat makes a balanced version to the B1, and the Virus is balanced...the techzilla is end loaded as well.
              I hear ya man, just having some fun. Curious if they were using the -12 or -10 B1's? The swing weight on these is interesting as the -10's actually swing lighter (more balanced) than the lighter total weight -12's...You actually get a longer barell as well. G/L....

Comment

Originally posted by rkbenn View Post
                bought an end loaded B1 and had all kinds of trouble, but their swings were flaud in the first place, and when they added this bat, it exposed it even more. Combat makes a balanced version to the B1, and the Virus is balanced...the techzilla is end loaded as well.
                I am glad you know the balance of the these bats. But there are so many bats out there. I wish the bat companies would label the balance / end load of bats for less informed folks to understand.

The swing weight on these is interesting as the -10's actually swing lighter (more balanced) than the lighter total weight -12's...You actually get a longer barell as well.
                I guess they took the weight out of the handle on the -12. But see how missleading this is for less informed parents.
                Last edited by LAball; 09-28-2008, 11:33 AM.

Comment

Ahem, there IS a topic for this thread!

I for one would very much like to know what people's head-to-head reaction is between the IMX and the Synergy. Ursa Minor has been using the two-piece ConneXtion style Stealth bats for the past few years, but he's been recommended to use the Synergy now. Thoughts?

And could we please avoid the raw cluelessness of the following two points:

1. "If you're a good hitter you'll get lots of good hits regardless what stick you bring to the plate...if you're a lousy hitter you can spend $400 on a bat and still suck...which one are you???"

The point is that you are making the decision for a single hitter of a given level of skill. Everyone (so long as he or she can hit the ball at all) would prefer a bat that gives a little more pop and comfort out of a bat relative to what he or she would get from a lousy bat. (The "Tiger Woods doesn't use crappy golf clubs" point made above should make it indisputably clear.) Please don't insult our intelligence.

2. "A bigger sweet spot or a bat with more pop does not always mean it will help the batter. Example (1) If a better uses the cheap bat and hits it off center you get a slow roller to the the SS ( or other infielder ) because its a slow roller the runner can beat the ball. Same batter same hit with the hot composite, you get a faster grounder to SS and the runner has less time to make it to 1st."

Yeah, right, let's always hit slow grounders and we'll bat .350. Of course, you'll get cut on the second day of tryouts because you don't show any ability to get the ball out of the infield. C'mon, why even post something so clue-deprived as this?
                  sigpicIt's not whether you fall -- everyone does -- but how you come out of the fall that counts.

Comment

Originally posted by Ursa Major View Post
                    "Tiger Woods doesn't use crappy golf clubs"

Actually he did. When Nike first bought him out, Tiger had to use Nike's 1st Gen clubs and they were crap compared to pro level clubs.

Comment

$289.95 free shipping

This is what my son is swinging, he is a line drive hitter and the bat makes a nice sound when he hits it. The infield know they got a screamer coming when he smashes one with the above bat.

He used the same bat in a larger drop in LL, than high school came rules change and got him a least expensive bat till he found his swing and swing weight. He just loves the ring of CNT model when he hits it on the sweet spot

drill

This was there $200.00 2008 synergy aluminum bat I got him last year when he first went up to High School ball. inch shorter than the bat above. Needless to say it only lasted one season, he told me it lost its pop. So I figure I would go back to what was successful for him and bought the 2009 CNT which he is hitting good in fall ball right now. 2008 synergy aluminum bat did loose its pop!

I did call Easton and they said they will replace the old synerengy bat. But they don't make that one any more. While having the conversation with easton rep. I was telling her that I had just bought the CNT, she said you got the expensive bat. I laughed to myself and said I could of spent another $100.00 and gone composite, but why mess with success. I will be interested to see what they replace the bat with since they don't make this bat in aluminum any more.

Maybe Easton will send him a new 2009 synergy bat which come in composite now. He would probably just use it for batting practice as much as he likes the CNT. No matter what bat he gets, its nice to know there is a manufacture out there that stands behind there product.

drill
                      Last edited by Drill; 09-28-2008, 10:58 PM.
                      Yogi Berra was asked by a reporter "How do you catch a knuckle ball?" He came right back and said "When it stops rolling"

Comment

Originally posted by Drill View Post

$289.95 free shipping

This is what my son is swinging, he is a line drive hitter and the bat makes a nice sound when he hits it. The infield know they got a screamer coming when he smashes one with the above bat.

He used the same bat in a larger drop in LL, than high school came rules change and got him a least expensive bat till he found his swing and swing weight. He just loves the ring of CNT model when he hits it on the sweet spot

drill

This was there $200.00 2008 synergy aluminum bat I got him last year when he first went up to High School ball. inch shorter than the bat above. Needless to say it only lasted one season, he told me it lost its pop. So I figure I would go back to what was successful for him and bought the 2009 CNT which he is hitting good in fall ball right now. 2008 synergy aluminum bat did loose its pop!

I did call Easton and they said they will replace the old synerengy bat. But they don't make that one any more. While having the conversation with easton rep. I was telling her that I had just bought the CNT, she said you got the expensive bat. I laughed to myself and said I could of spent another $100.00 and gone composite, but why mess with success. I will be interested to see what they replace the bat with since they don't make this bat in aluminum any more.

Maybe Easton will send him a new 2009 synergy bat which come in composite now. He would probably just use it for batting practice as much as he likes the CNT. No matter what bat he gets, its nice to know there is a manufacture out there that stands behind there product.

drill

Drill,

With no disrespect intended, Easton makes many, many, many different types of synergy bats. They also have a bunch of stealths and some incorporate their marketing tool which labels the bat a CNT (type in easton synergy in google and go to images for the proof) The "CNT" (Carbon Nanotube Technology) is added to some of them which means the bat has composite material somewhere on the bat. It could be all composite or just the handle. The 2008 Synergy bat you got is one of the biggest duds Easton put out imho. I dont think it really lost its pop, I would probably say it never had much to begin with. The first bat your son likes is a CNT because of the composite handle. If you wanted to get a similar bat in a -3 for high school, with BETTER performance, the white/blue stealth I posted below would be my choice. Of course a step better in the Easton line is the BCN9 but you will obviously pay more for it and he won't have that ping he likes due to the composite construction, lol. I guess one of the points to be made is that there are MANY EASTON BATS labeled SYNERGY or labeled STEALTH or labeled CNT and they are NOT created equal. Two bats that look similar may perform quite differently even though they are called basically the same thing. My advice is to test bats and talk to people who use them. Find somewhere to demo bats before you buy. You may save yourself from disappointment when you buy a 200.00 pretty painted dud. Best of luck....

Comment

Originally posted by LAball View Post
                          I am glad you know the balance of the these bats. But there are so many bats out there. I wish the bat companies would label the balance / end load of bats for less informed folks to understand.

I guess they took the weight out of the handle on the -12. But see how missleading this is for less informed parents.

I take and weigh ALL of my bats and also measure the balance point to compare how they will swing. Pretty easy to do and the local post office should have a digital scale you can use. You might be amazed how many bats do not weigh what they are stickered.

Comment

Originally posted by Ursa Major View Post
                            I for one would very much like to know what people's head-to-head reaction is between the IMX and the Synergy. Ursa Minor has been using the two-piece ConneXtion style Stealth bats for the past few years, but he's been recommended to use the Synergy now. Thoughts?

And could we please avoid the raw cluelessness of the following two points:

1. "If you're a good hitter you'll get lots of good hits regardless what stick you bring to the plate...if you're a lousy hitter you can spend $400 on a bat and still suck...which one are you???"

The point is that you are making the decision for a single hitter of a given level of skill. Everyone (so long as he or she can hit the ball at all) would prefer a bat that gives a little more pop and comfort out of a bat relative to what he or she would get from a lousy bat. (The "Tiger Woods doesn't use crappy golf clubs" point made above should make it indisputably clear.) Please don't insult our intelligence.

2. "A bigger sweet spot or a bat with more pop does not always mean it will help the batter. Example (1) If a better uses the cheap bat and hits it off center you get a slow roller to the the SS ( or other infielder ) because its a slow roller the runner can beat the ball. Same batter same hit with the hot composite, you get a faster grounder to SS and the runner has less time to make it to 1st."

Yeah, right, let's always hit slow grounders and we'll bat .350. Of course, you'll get cut on the second day of tryouts because you don't show any ability to get the ball out of the infield. C'mon, why even post something so clue-deprived as this?
                            Sometimes I just sit back and shake my head at some of the crazy things people actually believe. Some of the "clue-deprived" posts ive seen are evidence that not all people think before they type.... Thanks for the

Comment

I hear ya man, just having some fun. Curious if they were using the -12 or -10 B1's? The swing weight on these is interesting as the -10's actually swing lighter (more balanced) than the lighter total weight -12's...You actually get a longer barell as well. G/L....
                              the -12 is balanced, you must have got them switched up. Yes they were -10 (end loaded) with the longer barrell. They market it for the power hitter. Physics of the end loaded bat versus a more balanced bat will show you get more pop. As these players found, getting adjusted to these bats were a big task.

Comment

[QUOTE=LAball;1323997]I am glad you know the balance of the these bats. But there are so many bats out there. I wish the bat companies would label the balance / end load of bats for less informed folks to understand.

Bat companies can be misleading. Combat does a good job in letting you know, but not all do. Best bet is to email them or call if you want to make absolutely sure.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X