This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excellent idea with the "sticky".
    In memory of "Catchingcoach" - Dave Weaver: February 28, 1955 - June 17, 2011

Comment

• Tomorrow will be the last regular season game my boy will play... EVER. It will be a warm up game to the playoffs.

I must say... It hasn't hit me yet. All these years... Millions of balls thrown in the backyard and balls hit off the tee. All the travel in travel ball....

Its winding down. Almost over.... Little Sparks has just two games left (unless we move higher in the playoffs).

Its been a joy and I wouldn't trade a second.

Sparks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Today Little Sparks finished hid regular season baseball life pitching against last years 3 A state champs .

Comment

• Ooops meant to say finishes... Darn cell phone.

Comment

• The end is near...

Pitched his last regular season game.
            Pitched a complete game gave up 5 runs (4 earned ) got the win!!!

Sparks

Comment

• Today's win gave our school the most wins in our schools history. The coach gave my boy the game ball.

Sparks

Comment

• What an exciting day! Good luck in the playoffs.

Comment

• Tomorrow my boy may play his last game. Its hard to even think about it. My how the years have flown by.

We are playing a 6A powerhouse in the first round of the playoffs. We are a heavy underdog.

Sparks

Comment

• As my boy's baseball life nears an end, I find myself reflecting...looking back through the memories that time allows. They say you don't remember the great games but the losses... That's a lie. I remember the great times.
                    Its been years since i've heard the words... Come outside and throw with me.

Really, seriously... Is there anything better than throwing the ball in the backyard with your child. If I could hear those words again.

No one in my family or even in my hometown knows of this thread. I wanted it that way. I wanted this thread to be totally honest and I felt the only way I could do that is if know one knew about it.

I have his entire baseball life on this message board. Maybe someday I will share it with him.

I fear the game tomorrow. The team we are facing in the playoffs, my boys last game, is very very good. I just hope.... I just hope he has learned to love this game that we have shared together.

Sparks

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparksdale View Post
                      As my boy's baseball life nears an end, I find myself reflecting...looking back through the memories that time allows. They say you don't remember the great games but the losses... That's a lie. I remember the great times.
                      Its been years since i've heard the words... Come outside and throw with me.

Really, seriously... Is there anything better than throwing the ball in the backyard with your child. If I could hear those words again.

No one in my family or even in my hometown knows of this thread. I wanted it that way. I wanted this thread to be totally honest and I felt the only way I could do that is if know one knew about it.

I have his entire baseball life on this message board. Maybe someday I will share it with him.

I fear the game tomorrow. The team we are facing in the playoffs, my boys last game, is very very good. I just hope.... I just hope he has learned to love this game that we have shared together.

Sparks

This is a very good post.....and now with both my boys out of baseball....the bold put a lump in my throat, as we too shared a LOT of time together in the backyard and out on fields throughout the country because of the game.

As they are now busy with their lives, I still find that it's still the game that sparks many a conversation, and brings us together game when time permits with games on the tube.

My dad and I still share many an hour in the conversation of the times baseball glued us all together as a family from my playing days, and those of my boys....as there was rarely a time that both my parents were not at one of my boys games (I think I can count the games they missed on one hand).

Sparks, thank you so much for sharing your journey to this point, as it reflects so much of what I went through with my dad, and my boys, and is a constant reminder that baseball is more than just a game, but for many a lifestyle.

Best wishes that your journey continues to the next level, but if your ride ends in the near future, let the memories of your great adventure put a smile on your face always, and the pictures be a reminder of all the great times you had with your grandson over these many years.

While none of us may never be wealthy as a result of the game, I'm sure that we can all say the we've be enriched in our lives in a much better way because of it.

Thanks again,
                      mud -
                      In memory of "Catchingcoach" - Dave Weaver: February 28, 1955 - June 17, 2011

Comment

• We're at the playoff's. Best 2 out of 3. We just lost the first game.

My boy pitches the next game....win or its all over.

Sparks

Comment

• Its over.... Lost.

He did great. Pitched 7 innings gave up 4 runs only 1 was earned.

His baseball life ends.....

Sparks

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparksdale View Post
                            His baseball life ends.....
                            You never know
                            Last edited by songtitle; 04-19-2014, 06:40 AM.
                            efastball.com - hitting and pitching fact checker

Comment

• Thanks for sharing you and your boy's story.
                              WAR EAGLE!

Comment

• Boy last night was tough... Not just the loss. But the end of a lifetime of work.

He pitched a complete game up 1 earned run and lost. Wow that was a tough way to lose. When you give up 1 earned run against one of the top 6a schools in our state you've really done something.

In the bottom of the 7th we needed 3 runs to extend the game. I peaked in the dugout and my boy had lost it. I think it hit him all at once that this was the end. He was crying like a new born child.

After the game all the kids and parents were crying. We've been playing with these boys all their lives.

Baseball can teach kids so much about life and the parents to. If someone ask me for advice I would say this.... Tell your kids to respect their coach, respect their teammates, respect the game and love it. After-all baseball is more than a game it is a reflection of our American way of life and our family institution.

Love the game love each other .

Lamar granddad of Levi Hopper.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X