This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by real green View Post
    Does rolled her car mean something other than crashed and rolled the car?
    That was my first thought, but I think he means with toilet paper.

Comment

• Yes. Rolled like kids do on Halloween.

The girl said someone poured oil on her car and accused my boy. The coach kicked him off the team for damaging another students property.

I have an email out to the coach asking what happened but it has gone unanswered.

My boy is extremely upset.

I'm at a loss over what to do. He has been working so so hard.

I would at least like the coach to tell what he was told. It's his team and I understand that but this is a decision that can effect my boy for life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparksdale View Post

. Well the girl went to his coach and said my boy must have poured the oil on her car in retaliation of her rolling his truck. She said she didn't see him do it but it had to be him.

A few hours later the girl learns that another girl on her softball poured the oil on her car and she confessed. They are friends she did it as a joke.

I am hoping that you will soon report that the girl who went to the baseball coach and wrongfully accused your son will now make another visit to the coach and apologize for her error.

On the other hand, maybe she won't. She pulled a prank on your son. Then, she intentionally tried to get him thrown off the baseball team when she thought (incorrectly) that he had reversed the prank. That makes me wonder about her character.

Final answer: The girls on the softball team will force their teammate to do the right thing and apologize to the baseball coach for wrongfully accusing your son.

None of which necessarily means your son will be reinstated.
        You and your son should take back seat now. Act classy and wait patiently for the softball team peer pressure to do its work.

My remarks are based on the assumption that what you reported is 100% accurate, and that your son is respected and respectful at his school.
        Last edited by skipper5; 10-14-2014, 08:56 AM.
        Skip

Comment

Yes. Rolled like kids do on Halloween.

The girl said someone poured oil on her car and accused my boy. The coach kicked him off the team for damaging another students property.

I have an email out to the coach asking what happened but it has gone unanswered.

My boy is extremely upset.

I'm at a loss over what to do. He has been working so so hard.

I would at least like the coach to tell what he was told. It's his team and I understand that but this is a decision that can effect my boy for life.

Did the girl say your boy DID IT or that SHE THOUGHT HE DID IT?
          The first sounds like a defamation lawsuit waiting to happen, the second sounds like a coach jumping the gun before the facts were in.
          It's too bad there isn't a tactful way to ask the coach if he would rather take the time to be a witness at the civil suit against the girl or if he would prefer just reinstate SparkJr and forget this ever happened.
          I wonder, is there some student advocate staff member that would be willing to mediate with the coach?
          Last edited by Xraf; 10-14-2014, 09:31 AM.

Comment

• She said she didn't see him do it but it must be my boy because she rolled his truck the day before. The coach took that and would not even listen to my boy.

Later in the day the girl who did it found out my boy got kicked off the team and confessed. She is supposed to go talk to the coach but as of yet she hasn't.

It's a mess and I'm sick over. I honestly thing my heart is about to give out.

Comment

She said she didn't see him do it but it must be my boy because she rolled his truck the day before. The coach took that and would not even listen to my boy.

Later in the day the girl who did it found out my boy got kicked off the team and confessed. She is supposed to go talk to the coach but as of yet she hasn't.

Perhaps the softball coach would be willing to listen and help mediate if your boy and the girl went together and explained things.

Comment

She said she didn't see him do it but it must be my boy because she rolled his truck the day before. The coach took that and would not even listen to my boy.

Take a deep breath. I'd be livid as well. If the girl is willing to go to the coach, this could all be over soon. Levi should be openly (even if privately seething) thankful to the girl for her efforts.

Comment

• I'd also be a little peeved that, if the girl thought he had done something to her car, she went to the baseball coach rather than school administrators.

Comment

• Yes exactly. Doesn't make sense.

Comment

• Haven't we gone down this road in the past. There has to be more to the story.

1. Why would the girl go to the coach if it was just pranks going back and forth?
                      2. I find it very hard to believe that she would even get a chance to speak to the coach about a car getting TP'd???
                      3. I don't know "student rights," but even if there is nothing more to the story does the coach want/need to deal with this trivial stuff. It may have just helped the coaches cut decision easy. Especially if there is a line of players willing and able to play.

As far as affecting the rest of his life, that's up to your boy not the coach. Your son has to take responsibility for his life and the direction he chooses to go. This should not be a life altering event.

Comment

• Real

All I know is what's being told to me by everyone. I'm 3 hours away so not much I can confirm or do from here.

As far as cutting the roster? Seems to me there are far better ways to cut a roster than this. Not to mention my boy has the 2nd best fastball on the entire team and has the best era in the team (zero). Frankly, even the coach said my boy has been outstanding thus far.

Comment

Real

All I know is what's being told to me by everyone. I'm 3 hours away so not much I can confirm or do from here.

As far as cutting the roster? Seems to me there are far better ways to cut a roster than this. Not to mention my boy has the 2nd best fastball on the entire team and has the best era in the team (zero). Frankly, even the coach said my boy has been outstanding thus far.
                          Many coaches have zero tolerance for behavioral issues.

"The athlete must be a good citizen in his classes and on campus. The last thing I want is a call from another teacher or the discipline administrator about one of my players."

Quote from a coach and what he expects from his players. If signs point this might be issue BEFORE he has even made the team, it will be a hard hurdle to overcome

Comment

• Originally posted by Xraf View Post
                            It's too bad there isn't a tactful way to ask the coach if he would rather take the time to be a witness at the civil suit against the girl or if he would prefer just reinstate SparkJr and forget this ever happened.
                            This is big boy ball, not the LL board. The coach would see this as a threat to negotiate the kid's way back on the team. It would guarantee the kid never played at the school again or for any coach in this coach's network (which is probably large).

Comment

• Originally posted by Xraf View Post
                              Perhaps the softball coach would be willing to listen and help mediate if your boy and the girl went together and explained things.
                              No no no. Once again this is big boy ball. The only solution is for the kid to deal with the coach. The only avenue with the softball coach is the kid goes to her, tells her what happened and the softball player gets the softball player to go to the baseball coach and say she lied.

It's also possible this event became a convenient way to cut the kid. Playing well as a walk on in the fall doesn't mean you make the team. Its normal to have extra pitchers and catchers for fall ball.

Comment

• A jaw dropping stud can get away with a few behavioral issues. Everyone else is just someone on the roster who can be replaced rather than deal with the BS. Pitching well in fall ball doesn't mean a walk on doesn't get cut before spring. Unless your son is top of the staff there are probably twenty something other pitchers in fall ball who can get the same results.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X