Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Southern Union State Community College, an open admission, public two-year college and member of the Alabama Community College System, provides quality and relevant teaching and learning in academic, technical, and health science programs that are affordable, accessible, equitable, and responsive to the diverse needs of its students, community, business, industry, and government.
    http://www.suscc.edu/

Comment

• Is the field in Wadley, or Opelika?
      efastball.com - hitting and pitching fact checker

Comment

• Originally posted by songtitle View Post
        Is the field in Wadley, or Opelika?
        It's in Wadley

Comment

• Update;

Long story try to give a short version. Got little Sparks signed up for college today but not the school he's getting a scholarship from. It all happened too late and he had to find a school that is still accepting students for "mini-semester".

The coach told him he has to go to school and get his GPA up before he can give him a scholarship for next semester.

Just hope little Sparks can take this second chance and run with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Sparks, I certainly hope he's matured over the past couple of years. Maybe a dose of real life has awakened him to the fact that chances eventually run out on you. I also hope he realizes - if not today, then someday - where he would be without you. Not everybody is so lucky.

Comment

• Little League

Things keep changing... His future coach called at midnight last night saying he found a class at his college so little Sparks won't have to go to the other school. Of course yesterday I paid his tuition for the other school up front. Maybe I can get it back (I hope). Little sparks and Mrs. Sparks are down at the school today signing him up for the class. The coach met my wife and him in the parking lot. He told my wife that little sparks will stay in the dorm and WILL keep his grades up! He also told my wife that little Sparks has a serious arm and throws damn hard with control.

It's pretty special after all these years since I started this thread. Little Sparks has a full baseball scholarship to college!!!!!!!!!

I have faith in the little man... I think he will get it done this time!!

Sparks

Last edited by Sparksdale; 10-09-2015, 08:14 AM.

Comment

• Sounds like a good coach and a good situation. I'm sure this takes some of the stress off.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roothog66 View Post
                  The coach met my wife and him in the parking lot. He told my wife that little sparks will stay in the dorm and WILL keep his grades up! He also told my wife that little Sparks has a serious arm and throws damn hard with control.
                  Sounds like a good coach and a good situation.
                  You got that right, Root. Hope that Li'l Sparks realizes that there are very few coaches who would take that kinda chance and go the extra mile for him this way, and he should crawl through a mile of broken glass to wash the coach's car if it needs it. And, of course, he's got a .01% chance of getting another opportunity if he screws this opportunity up. Thanks for the update. We're rooting for him.
                  sigpicIt's not whether you fall -- everyone does -- but how you come out of the fall that counts.

Comment

• Coach gave my boy 4 classes. His grades from his former college were so low that he cannot legally give him a scholarship.

So the coach personally got him 4 courses to take this semester. To help my wife and I out he gave him 4 online classes.

He told my boy if he doesn't make all A's in these classes there will be no scholarship and he will not be allowed on the team.

I know nothing about this coach but.,... I love him.

It's all up to little Sparks now.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Sparksdale View Post
                        It's all up to little Sparks now.
                        It always was.

Comment

• So, to give a recap on this post/poll... it must have been idea to use a radar gun. College pitcher! Worked for me as well.

Comment

• Tomorrow little sparks begins college. He had to take some online classes just to qualify to get back in school, and be allowed to play ball. He got his GPA up and now is off to school. He will be about 6 hours away so he's 100% on his own.

My first hope is he keeps his grades up. I also hope I can see him play some. He will be so far away and with my job it's going to be difficult but maybe just maybe.

Sparks

Comment

• Glad he's still playing Sparks!! Thanks for the update. Can you PM me the school he's playing??
                              "He who dares to teach, must never cease to learn."
                              - John Cotton Dana (1856–1929) - Offered to many by L. Olson - Iowa (Teacher)
                              Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting.

Comment

• Update: happy to report there is nothing to update... Lol

Little Sparks has been off to college for a couple weeks. He's staying in the dorm and rooming with the catcher.

The coach did make him cut his hair... Short. I love it.

The season starts in a couple of weeks. I just hope he can keep his grades up.

Sparks

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X