Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your "no report" is a great report! Fingers crossed!
    "He who dares to teach, must never cease to learn."
    - John Cotton Dana (1856–1929) - Offered to many by L. Olson - Iowa (Teacher)
    Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting.

Comment

• Update: just got a call from little Sparks. They are playing a practice game against Auburn (D1 school) and little Sparks is going to be the starting pitcher. He said the coach at Auburn wants to get a look at him.

Little Sparks dream is to play for Auburn.

Sparks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• As a bystander/interested board member, I think this thread keeps getting more awesome. I had wondered about Little Sparks and he is still at it. Good for him!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparksdale View Post
          Update: just got a call from little Sparks. They are playing a practice game against Auburn (D1 school) and little Sparks is going to be the starting pitcher. He said the coach at Auburn wants to get a look at him.

Little Sparks dream is to play for Auburn.

Sparks

War Eagle! from an Auburn chemical engineer.

Auburn has a new coach, so they are probably still evaluating what they have and what they need.

Good luck to little Sparks and keep us updated.
          WAR EAGLE!

Comment

• Now, that's more like it. Better late than never.

Comment

• Update:
              Well once again I put my foot in my mouth. They are going to play Auburn but it's Auburn at Montgomery. I know nothing about the school if they are D1,D2 or what.

Oh well... Still it's great but lol I thought it was the big school.

Btw: it's early but little Sparks has all good grades so far!!!!

Comment

Btw: it's early but little Sparks has all good grades so far!!!!
                Awesome!!!

Comment

• Update: little Sparks called. They had their first practice games today. I wasn't able to go. The coach has made him the team closer. He pitched two innings, struck out two and didn't allow a hit.

He was excited when he called and it was great to hear.

So far, early, he has all "A's" in his classes but it is early. It sounds like he is giving 100% effort and is having a positive attitude. He loves his coach and talks highly about him.

The season starts next week and with the distance it's going to be difficult to see him play. I am very very pleased so far.

Sparks

Comment

• Sparks - good to get your report, and glad that he seems to be keeping up with his schooling. Fingers are crossed.

As far as following the games, there are a number of options. See if someone is going to be doing online scoring via GameChanger or IScore or something. Even better would be if some parent is willing to videocast some of the games on Periscope, but that eats up a ton of date, so it's unlikely. A final option is to get a team Twitter account set up and see if someone will be willing to Tweet game updates during the course of the season. My son's club team did that - usually have pitchers who weren't in the game do the tweeting - but it's unlikely that a 'real' team's coach would allow kids to do that.
                    sigpicIt's not whether you fall -- everyone does -- but how you come out of the fall that counts.

Comment

Update: little Sparks called. They had their first practice games today. I wasn't able to go. The coach has made him the team closer. He pitched two innings, struck out two and didn't allow a hit.

So far, early, he has all "A's" in his classes but it is early. It sounds like he is giving 100% effort and is having a positive attitude. He loves his coach and talks highly about him.

The season starts next week and with the distance it's going to be difficult to see him play. I am very very pleased so far.

Sparks

Looking at their schedule, it does look like they have a couple of games at least on this end of the state. You going to be able to make those? If my kids aren't playing, I may try to bring them over to at least one of them

Comment

Update: little Sparks called. They had their first practice games today. I wasn't able to go. The coach has made him the team closer. He pitched two innings, struck out two and didn't allow a hit.

Sparks

Looking at their schedule, it does look like they have a couple of games at least on this end of the state. You going to be able to make those? If my kids aren't playing, I may try to bring them over to at least one of them

Comment

• I will go to any I can.

Comment

• First game of the season is this Saturday. Lucky, I GET TO GO!!!

Comment

• Little League

Update big night:

Little sparks had his first college game that was not a practice game.

Let me say I saw some really good talent in both teams. Amazing talent.

He didn't play the first game but he was the closer for the second game. Let me say both teams had great pitchers but neither team in either game had a pitcher strike out the side.

Sparks came in to close the last inning and struck out the side in 12 pitches!! It was a great night.

That's not all... He has all "A's" in his classes so far!! All "A's"!!!!!!

So so so proud of him.

Who would have thought when I started this thread so many years ago that I would someday post little Sparks is a college pitcher. What a wonderful journey this has been.

Sparks

Last edited by Sparksdale; 02-07-2016, 07:23 AM.

Comment

• Congrats to the whole Sparks clan! Especially love the all As.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X