X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• https://vimeo.com/154487349

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Very impressive Sparks!! Thanks for the update!
      "He who dares to teach, must never cease to learn."
      - John Cotton Dana (1856–1929) - Offered to many by L. Olson - Iowa (Teacher)
      Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting.

Comment

• That's good stuff. Love reading the updates.

Comment

• good stuff

Comment

• Talked to little Sparks last night. Tomorrow they are playing a team that was ranked 4th in the nation preseason. I ask if he thought he would play. He said yes.

I can't go. Got to work. Darn.

Sparks

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparksdale View Post
              Talked to little Sparks last night. Tomorrow they are playing a team that was ranked 4th in the nation preseason. I ask if he thought he would play. He said yes.

I can't go. Got to work. Darn.

Sparks

that's what PTO or Sick days are for..

Comment

• Little League

Update:

Just got a call from little Sparks. He pitched 4 innings struck out 2 gave up 1 hit and no runs!!!

From what I'm told this was against one of the best teams in the country as they were ranked 4th in the nation preseason.

Awesome!!!!

Last edited by Sparksdale; 02-12-2016, 05:55 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparksdale View Post
                  He didn't play the first game but he was the closer for the second game. Let me say both teams had great pitchers but neither team in either game had a pitcher strike out the side.
                  Sparks came in to close the last inning and struck out the side in 12 pitches!! It was a great night.
                  There .. is .. nothing .. better .. than .. watching .. your .. kid .. walk .. off .. the .. mound .. with .. a .. punchout .. save. .... Nothing. (That tequila/fresh lime/supermodel thing comes close, to be sure.)

That's not all... He has all "A's" in his classes so far!! All "A's"!!!!!!
                  So so so proud of him.
                  Me too. Congrats to the whole famn damily.

Who would have thought when I started this thread so many years ago that I would someday post little Sparks is a college pitcher. What a wonderful journey this has been.
                  I'm not entirely surprised. The kid had talent and a grandpa with the energy to support him. College ball is fun - everyone knows how to play the game and does some amazing things. And knowing that your kid can hang with them is the best.
                  sigpicIt's not whether you fall -- everyone does -- but how you come out of the fall that counts.

Comment

• Great news Sparks, it really is, especially the grades. You should be proud of him, really great to hear. On the baseball side, have they gunned him at all? Just curious what he is throwing these days. Last I recall he was in the 85-86 range, just curious if he is there or throwing harder now that he is older.
                    The outcome of our children is infinitely more important than the outcome of any game they will ever play

Comment

• They gunned him before the season. Coach said he hit 88 a couple of times and 86 to 87 several times.

He said the coach isn't going to gun anyone early in the season especially with the cold weather.

Sparks

Comment

• Update: got a call from little sparks.

He got his first save today. Pitched the last inning got the batters out 3 up and 3 down.

No walks or runs.

Still has a zero era on the young season.

Sparks

Comment

• Update: got to go see him play this weekend.
                          Gave up his first run. Gave up 2 runs in total one was earned.

He is keeping his grades up so things are going well.

I will say this.... I'm shocked at the high level of play that is in D3. I had no idea. All the players are very good. Lots of fun.

Sparks

Comment

• I will say this.... I'm shocked at the high level of play that is in D3. I had no idea. All the players are very good. Lots of fun.
                            Here in California, you'll find that a lot of D3 players are HS all-stars who realize that they'll sit on the bench in D1 and never go any further anyway, and would rather go to an academically sound college where they only have to practice a couple of hours a day, as opposed to the 4-5 hours that D-1 schools may put in. And sometimes they're just not seen as big enough to play D-1 - i.e., the pitchers don't project out as being able to top 90 and the hitters may not be able to clear the fences. So, the level of play may not be that far below "mid-major" D1 schools.
                            sigpicIt's not whether you fall -- everyone does -- but how you come out of the fall that counts.

Comment

• little sparks

Comment

• Update: things are going well. His coach has made him the closer.
                                Yesterday they played at a perfect game stadium in Georgia. Little Sparks pitched the final inning striking out 2, gave up a single and a groundout. No walks or runs. He said they had a radar gun on the scoreboard and his fastball was sitting at 86 to 87. His curveball was 76 to 77 and his changeup was 73.

He also told me his coach told him he got a call from the baseball coach at Clemson asking about little Sparks.

So far on the season he has 10 k's in 10 innings pitched with an era at 1.80.

Sparks

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X