This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got a call from little Sparks.

He got another save tonight. He did give up a run.

His coach talked to him and asked if he wanted to attend school this summer. He said if he would attend this summer little Sparks could stay at his house and he wanted to personally work with him this summer on pitching. His coach was a pitcher in the mlb so he knows his stuff. He told Sparks he sees a lot of himself in him and he wants to work with him more than they can do during the season.

He is also getting a scholarship after this semester.

The era will take a hit tonight giving up a run in 1 inning but he got the save on a big conference game that helped save their season and put them right back in the playoffs. A good team win.

Wish I could have been there.

Sparks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Cool update!!

Comment

• Just got a few text from little Sparks.

Coach told him while they were eating tonight that he got a call from two D1 schools about him and another pitcher on our team. One of the schools is currently ranked in the top 5 in the nation.

He said both schools told the coach they are coming to watch him and the other pitcher this weekend.

Sparks

Comment

• Awesome Sparks. Best of luck to him

Comment

• Sparks had been posting with an update every few days. Now he hasn't posted since 4/7. I went to the ACCC site to see how his grandson is doing. He's not listed anymore. The statistical leaders go all the way down to one save. I know the kid had two at one point. I hope something didn't go wrong. It seemed everything was finally going right. Sparks if you see this please provide an update.

Comment

• Originally posted by JettSixty View Post
              Sparks had been posting with an update every few days. Now he hasn't posted since 4/7. I went to the ACCC site to see how his grandson is doing. He's not listed anymore. The statistical leaders go all the way down to one save. I know the kid had two at one point. I hope something didn't go wrong. It seemed everything was finally going right. Sparks if you see this please provide an update.
              From what I can see Jett it looks like he's doing fine. I'll PM you a link. A few runs against him but pretty decent stats.
              The outcome of our children is infinitely more important than the outcome of any game they will ever play

Comment

• When I looked earlier today his name wasn't listed in the leaders. It had me concerned something happened. Tonight his name is there. Maybe it was just a software glitch. I don't think he's pitched since the 7th. I hope he didn't hurt his arm.

Comment

When I looked earlier today his name wasn't listed in the leaders. It had me concerned something happened. Tonight his name is there. Maybe it was just a software glitch. I don't think he's pitched since the 7th. I hope he didn't hurt his arm.
                  The league stats don't seem to be updated as game results are posted. You have to look at the box scores of recent games to see what's actually happening.

Comment

• Not a lot to update about. Coach told my boy he will not pitch unless they are at least tied or ahead by only 3. Problem is we've either gotten beat by a lot or winning by a lot.

Last night he had a really good night. Or teams best starting pitcher lasted till the 8th. He left the game with bases loaded and no outs and the score 5 to 2 (us). Little Sparks came in and struck out the side not allowing any runs.
                    He pitched the 9th not allowing a hit to get the save.

So it was a good night for him and the team.

Sparks

Comment

• Sorry I haven't posted but the coach has this rule about his closer pitching pretty much only in save situations.

As far as little sparks not being on the leader board if I read the website right he doesn't have enough innings. Then I really don't know.

They don't have the new stats up but the last game should put his era back under 2.00 (I think). It's at 2.25 now with 16 innings so now he has 18 innings so it should help his era.

They are facing some really good teams down the stretch and I'm actually happy he's only given up 4 earned runs on the season.

Sparks

Comment

• Update:
                        Coach put him in a non save situation in a game were losing (today).
                        His era is exactly 2.00 I'm wondering if the coach did it as a favor to little sparks just so he can get below 2.00 on his era? I don't know but there were 2 outs and we were down 3 runs. He faced 1 batter to finish the game. That should put him just under 2.00 but stats aren't posted yet.

Anyway, his pitching coach told him he threw harder than he's ever seen him throw. He said he's sure he hit low 90's. (They had no radar gun at the game).

Only 4 games left and pretty sure we're out of the playoffs.

Sparks

Comment

• Coaches don't put players in the game for stats. He must have felt he needed some work. Or it was the best call for the situation.

Comment

• Current stats:

Comment

• Jett, I agree. Would actually be disappointed if the coach did that. Silly for me to even think it.

Comment

Coaches don't put players in the game for stats. He must have felt he needed some work. Or it was the best call for the situation.
                                If Sparks grandson needed the work then he should be getting more innings. But with his low ERA you got to keep one of your best pitchers game ready by pitching him more often.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X