Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sparks Journey from Little League to College

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Sparksdale View Post
    They played a double header today. Once again Sparks didn't play.

    Sparks is very upset and is taking it out on me. It's a long long story.

    I feel for him but just don't know what to do.

    If any of you have advice I'm all ears.

    Sparks


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    He's probably taking it out on you because he needs a release of the frustration. It isn't necessarily right, but he has no other person he trusts to hear his anger. Just help him stay above water spiritually. As Jett mentioned, his velocity alone can get him to his next college stop.

    Comment


    • What is his velocity right now?

      Comment


      • Update;

        He finally got to play again.

        Pitched one inning. 3 up 3 down one strikeout. He said all his teammates started yelling words of encouragement and cheering him on. He was excited his teammates showed so much support to him.

        When he got in the dugout his coach told him he was sure all of his fastballs were in the low 90's. Said he looked great.

        He seemed excited.

        We'll see how the rest of the season goes.

        Sparks


        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

        Comment


        • A little positive encouragement. That's all it takes to get the spirit back.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Sparksdale View Post
            Update;

            He finally got to play again.

            Pitched one inning. 3 up 3 down one strikeout. He said all his teammates started yelling words of encouragement and cheering him on. He was excited his teammates showed so much support to him.

            When he got in the dugout his coach told him he was sure all of his fastballs were in the low 90's. Said he looked great.

            He seemed excited.

            We'll see how the rest of the season goes.

            Sparks


            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            This is why it's important not to get too excited when things are going well and not too down when things aren't going well. It's not a,ways easy. But it makes the journey easier to deal with.
            Last edited by JettSixty; 03-13-2017, 03:39 PM.

            Comment


            • Got first save of the year today.
              Walked the first batter.
              Struck out the next 2.
              Pop fly to center to end the game.

              Now the harder games are coming against quality teams.

              Sparks


              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

              Comment


              • Correction: he didn't get credited with the save. He pitched the last inning with a 3 run lead so I thought he gets the save. Oh well....


                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Sparksdale View Post
                  Correction: he didn't get credited with the save. He pitched the last inning with a 3 run lead so I thought he gets the save. Oh well....


                  Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  I thought the save rule was pitch an inning or more with 3 run or less lead.

                  Comment


                  • NCAA save rule ....

                    SECTION 26—SAVE
                    If a relief pitcher meets ALL of the following conditions, the offcial scorer should credit that pitcher with a save:
                    a. He is the finishing pitcher in a game won by his team; b. He is not credited with the win; and
                    c. He meets one of the following conditions:
                    (1) He enters the game with a lead of not more than three runs and pitches at least one inning;
                    (2) He enters the game with the potential tying run on base, at bat or on deck; or
                    (3) He pitches effectively for at least three innings.

                    Comment


                    • Sorry I haven't posted. Just not a lot to update.

                      Sparks has had some arm problems for a few months. He's been going to therapy but it's not improving. It's some kind of muscle in the back shoulder blade or something.

                      I think they are shutting him down till he gets an MRI.

                      I will update when anything changes.

                      Sparks


                      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                      Comment


                      • Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I haven't been feeling well.

                        Sparks is going for an MRI next week. He thinks he has a tear in the muscle in his back shoulder blade. He will find out next week.

                        Sparks


                        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                        Comment


                        • Sparks gets the results of the MRI today.

                          I'll post when I know something.


                          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                          Comment


                          • Sparks has to have surgery.
                            He has a torn labrum. 3 weeks in a sling than 3 or 4 months to recover.

                            His baseball might be over. Don't know how we could get a 4 year school interested.

                            Sparks


                            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Sparksdale View Post
                              Sparks has to have surgery.
                              He has a torn labrum. 3 weeks in a sling than 3 or 4 months to recover.

                              His baseball might be over. Don't know how we could get a 4 year school interested.

                              Sparks

                              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Terrible news. I hope this is not the end of the story for Sparks. If it turns out that his baseball playing career is over, I hope his love for the game of baseball can still play out in his life somehow, as a coach or in some other way.

                              Comment


                              • Similar thing happened to the son of one of my kid's coaches. Was at JUCO, torn labrum, etc. But he was able to finish his career at a small NAIA school. So it's possible.

                                Comment

                                Ad Widget

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X