X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparksdale View Post
    Sparks has to have surgery.
    He has a torn labrum. 3 weeks in a sling than 3 or 4 months to recover.

His baseball might be over. Don't know how we could get a 4 year school interested.

Sparks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Terrible news. I hope this is not the end of the story for Sparks. If it turns out that his baseball playing career is over, I hope his love for the game of baseball can still play out in his life somehow, as a coach or in some other way.

Comment

• Similar thing happened to the son of one of my kid's coaches. Was at JUCO, torn labrum, etc. But he was able to finish his career at a small NAIA school. So it's possible.

Comment

• Make sure to remind him that he still has schoolwork...

Comment

• Andrews is now doing stem cell therapy on some ligaments if it's not totally torn. Not sure if they do labrums. Just a few weeks downtime. This is not PRP platelets. This is the real thing - stem cells from your hip. I don't know any more. Might call them if you're interested.
          efastball.com - hitting and pitching fact checker

Comment

• Sparks had his surgery yesterday. Doc said it went well.
            From what I read on Google a torn labrum is a worse injury than I thought.

One bit of good news his coach filed the papers to let him redshirt this year.

Sparks

Comment

Sparks had his surgery yesterday. Doc said it went well.
              From what I read on Google a torn labrum is a worse injury than I thought.

One bit of good news his coach filed the papers to let him redshirt this year.

Sparks

It's his second year at a JC. What about graduating and moving on to a four year?

Comment

• He still wants to play ball and he has no offers from a 4 year school.

Comment

• I have been on this forum for almost 3 years and never once opened this sticky thread. Honestly thought it was just about the Little League organization. My son doesn't play in LL and just never thought to bother reading through it.

Wow, like some that posted, I read the entire 1900 post thread over the weekend and pretended to be working just to finish. What a great journey and story to read. Thank you for sharing.

Comment

• Sparks is on his way home.
                    His coach did something I've never heard a coach do. Maybe it's how college is, I don't know, but it's one of the worst things I've heard a coach do.

The season is over today and they made the playoffs.

The coached sent all the players on the injured list home as well as all the red shirts. Because of the rules in the dorm all of the players were forced to move out and leave school.

The coach pretty much kicked 20 players off the team while they go to the playoffs.

Sparks is very upset and frankly feel sh*t on.

What a crappy thing to do the players who have been part of the team because they are injured can't be part of the team.

Comment

• Who is supposed to pay the way for the kids not playing to stay in the dorms and eat? When my son's team was eliminated in the regionals they were given two days to get off campus. Probably half the team was in apartments or frats keeeping it from being a major problem. The year my son was injured he was in an apartment preventing him to have to go home and miss regionals.

When you get eliminated in a regional you don't even get to hang around to watch the next game. You're on the next bus or plane out of town.

Comment

Sparks is on his way home.
                        His coach did something I've never heard a coach do. Maybe it's how college is, I don't know, but it's one of the worst things I've heard a coach do.

The season is over today and they made the playoffs.

The coached sent all the players on the injured list home as well as all the red shirts. Because of the rules in the dorm all of the players were forced to move out and leave school.

The coach pretty much kicked 20 players off the team while they go to the playoffs.

Sparks is very upset and frankly feel sh*t on.

What a crappy thing to do the players who have been part of the team because they are injured can't be part of the team.

Just so you know, Sparks, this is the norm with JC's. They carry large rosters and have to make moves like this at the end of the semester. I wouldn't take it personally.

Comment

• It's not about your son. It's how it's done. Tracy Smith, Arizona State coach ...

This time of the year after finals week you cut the roster down on guys that aren't traveling and also you tell guys where they stand and where you see them in the future.

Comment

• My Freshman year I played at a JUCO in Texas. I broke my wrist in the second game of the season. The coach never spoke to me again.

Comment

• If most Juco colleges do this then I'm fine with it. I just didn't know.

Comment

• This is quite an amazing adventure. What a wonderful collection of experiences and memories. I hope your boy heals up and recovers soon as well as keeping his love for the game.

We are just getting started with little league, just completed first season of 9u.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X