X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sparksdale
    replied
    Update;
    at the end of the first semester the coach had a meeting with each player and gave them both coach evaluation as well as evaluations from teammates.

Sparks made the A team or what some call the Varsity. (His school has both a Varsity and Jr. Varsity).

He called last night more excited about his classes. Mostly A’s and B’s and one class he doesn’t have the final grade yet.

Things are going well and he’s working hard.

Pretty cool he made the team at a 4 year school.

Sparks

Leave a comment:

• steven-sq
    replied
    Nice update, glad to hear he is making such good progress and on the success in the games.

Leave a comment:

• Sparksdale
    replied
    Originally posted by stkjock View Post
    Yes thank you. I couldn’t get the link to work.

Leave a comment:

• stkjock
    replied
    this one?

https://www.amazon.com/DEPICTION-Lam...ion+lamar+cook

Leave a comment:

• Sparksdale
    replied
    I know I haven’t posted in a while but not a lot to update.
    Their spring season is over. He pitched in several games good results.
    At the end of the season they had what they call an inter squad World Series. It’s a tradition at their school. 3 teams best 2 out of 3.
    Sparks team won and he did most of the pitching in the 2 games. A total of 7 innings gave up 1 run and I think struck out 6.

Im also happy to report he is busting his tail on classwork. So far so good.

His 4 year school has both an A team and a B team. Kinda like varsity and jr. varsity. he will find out in a few weeks if he made the A team or not. I know the rules are strict and he must pass his classes to qualify.

fingers crossed

Sparks

btw; I have a new novel out. The Depiction.
    please check it out.
    Last edited by Sparksdale; 11-29-2018, 10:39 AM.

Leave a comment:

• songtitle
    replied
    Sparks, the recovery continues. He may have to adjust his pitches and his grips as he goes this year. Even though his speed may return, he may not be able to feel/grip the ball the same as he did. So dont expect him to just start mowing them down right away. I wish him the best. It's a fun journey back.

Leave a comment:

• JoeG
    replied
    Originally posted by Sparksdale View Post
    Update;
    he pitched his first game. He’s 8 hours away so I can’t go see him. I didn’t hear from him for a couple of days then he finally called. He was down on himself and thought he didn’t do well. He struck out 2 and got a pop out fly but gave up 2 runs.
    like I said he was down on himself and was worried.
    a few days later the head coach talked to him. The coach said he couldn’t have been more pleased in his first outing and told sparks he did really well.

He pitched again today and he called as he left the field. They played a far better team and he did even better today.

He’s getting his confidence back after a long rehab from surgery,

I’m also pleased to report he is working very hard on his grades. He and a couple of his teammates are all working together on their classes and they are helping sparks.

so far so good
    Really awesome news - thanks for the update!

I would think that someone pitching for the first time after lengthy rehab would set their expectations low, but then hope for gradual improvement after the first outing.

Leave a comment:

• mys
    replied
    awesome update!! congrats to Little Sparks and to you, Sir!!

Leave a comment:

• Sparksdale
    replied
    I’m also pleased to announce I have a new novel out.
    Its available in Kindle, paperback and hardback. I’m very proud of this new Book.
    Last edited by Sparksdale; 10-11-2018, 05:00 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Sparksdale
    replied
    Update;
    he pitched his first game. He’s 8 hours away so I can’t go see him. I didn’t hear from him for a couple of days then he finally called. He was down on himself and thought he didn’t do well. He struck out 2 and got a pop out fly but gave up 2 runs.
    like I said he was down on himself and was worried.
    a few days later the head coach talked to him. The coach said he couldn’t have been more pleased in his first outing and told sparks he did really well.

He pitched again today and he called as he left the field. They played a far better team and he did even better today.

He’s getting his confidence back after a long rehab from surgery,

I’m also pleased to report he is working very hard on his grades. He and a couple of his teammates are all working together on their classes and they are helping sparks.

so far so good

Leave a comment:

• sparkny2
    replied
    Thx for the update. I think alot of folks in here are rooting for him

Leave a comment:

• Sparksdale
    replied
    Update: not a lot to update.
    spark’s coach told him he will pitch his first game friday. He’s nervous, he hasn’t pitched since his surgery.

The coach told him not to worry so much about location right now. He wants to see his stuff and wants to see his best fastball.

sparks

Leave a comment:

• steven-sq
    replied
    Really nice to see an update on this thread. It is quite the journey and it is still not over.

Glad to hear he made it through the rehab and still wants to get back in the game. Hope he most importantly keeps those grades up and secondly has much success with the new school.

Just a small side note my son wanted to do a pitching lesson on his 10th birthday in March this year. The pitching coach said he threw pretty hard so he wanted to measure the speed. My son threw 52mph. I found my way to this thread trying to determine if that was good, bad or average.
    Last edited by steven-sq; 09-12-2018, 09:59 AM.

Leave a comment:

• chief2791
    replied
    Originally posted by Sparksdale View Post
    The coach calls it FU Friday.

Got a text from Sparks. Workouts at 6 am and he spent the past little while throwing-up!!

lol lol lol
    Yep, must be universal Sparks..haha! My son had workouts/running/sprints the last 2 mornings, same time 6AM. He said there were quite a few guys throwing up. He said "I felt like it and tried but I couldn't". He's in great physical shape as far as working out/weights and his arm is ready, but sprints, he said he hasn't ever ran like that for that long. Welcome to college son...LOL!

Leave a comment:

• Sparksdale
    replied
    The coach calls it FU Friday.

Got a text from Sparks. Workouts at 6 am and he spent the past little while throwing-up!!

lol lol lol

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X