• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Cannonball
    Super Moderator/Ex Expert

• Cannonball
    replied
    Just to repeat what has often been said, thanks for including us on this journey. The thread is a classic on many fronts!

Leave a comment:

• Sparksdale

• Sparksdale
    replied
    Sparks got to the school (after having major car trouble on the way).
    He went straight to the field to see the coach.
    when he got their 5 of the players were throwing up (workouts).
    He ain’t in Kansas anymore lol!!!

The next day the coach went with him to get him signed up, getting all the papers in order and everything.

That was great of the coach.

They don’t have dorms. Sparks is renting a motel room while he looks for a place.

Tuition, apartment, living expenses, books....

I have no idea how we are going to pay for it all. I refuse to go in debt. After many years of being in massive debt I finally paid everything off a couple years ago. I like being debt free.

Its his last shot.

Good luck little Sparks.

Leave a comment:

• songtitle
    Baseball Voodoo

• songtitle
    replied
    "I think his little $8 an hour job opened his eyes to the world."

heh, the Title could have been, "Hey Kid, Listen to pops, or You'll Have to Flip Burgers for $8/hr"

Leave a comment:

• Sparksdale

• Sparksdale
    replied
    That’s great thanks

Leave a comment:

• mudvnine
    Super Moderator

• mudvnine
    replied
    I changed it for you Sparks if that's what you wanted to update it to...if you change(d) your mind just let me know, and I can change it back whenever.

mud -

Leave a comment:

• Sparksdale

• Sparksdale
    replied
    I thought about changing the title of this thread but either I couldn’t figure it out or it’s not allowed.
    I thought “Sparks Journey from Little League to College” would be a better title.

Leave a comment:

• Sparksdale

• Sparksdale
    replied
    Originally posted by JettSixty View Post
    Did the coach see him pitch when he was pitching well freshman year?
    Jet;
    long story short. Sparks has been rehabbing for the past year with his high school pitching coach. His high school coach told the NAIA coach about Sparks. The college coach knows all about Sparks (the good and the bad) and basically wants to see 2 things from Sparks before he offers him a scholarship.
    1. Can he keep his grades up
    2. Wants to see where his arm is.

I had a long talk with Sparks. He knows this is his last shot. He is pretty much walking on and has to beat out scholarship players. He’s got a fight on his hands. It’s a long shot at best.
    He begged me to let him give it a shot. He misses the game and I think his little $8 an hour job opened his eyes to the world.

His arm is healthy. He’s throwing from the left field foul line to the right field foul line (long toss). He told me he’s never been able to throw that far before.

The big thing is grades. He just left and he’s going to be 8 hours away. It’s all up to him.

Sparksdale

Leave a comment:

• The Uncoach
    Customizable

• The Uncoach
    replied
    Originally posted by JettSixty View Post

Medical redshirt. I’m not sure what the NCAA view of NJCAA medical red shirts would be. But the 4 year coach would know. Is he at a NCAA or an NAIA?
    It's a medical waiver. The NCAA schools honor the extra year.

Leave a comment:

• JettSixty

• JettSixty
    replied
    Did the coach see him pitch when he was pitching well freshman year?

Leave a comment:

• Sparksdale

• Sparksdale
    replied
    NAIA and I know nothing about NAIA.

Leave a comment:

• JettSixty

• JettSixty
    replied
    Originally posted by Sparksdale View Post
    He had 3 left. His former college coach gave him (I forget what it’s called) but because he played so little his last year he got an injury exemption (what ever that’s called). I know sparks had to drive down and get the paper.
    Medical redshirt. I’m not sure what the NCAA view of NJCAA medical red shirts would be. But the 4 year coach would know. Is he at a NCAA or an NAIA?

Leave a comment:

• Sparksdale

• Sparksdale
    replied
    By the way.... the baseball fever app sucks. They’ve messed it up since I used it last

Leave a comment:

• Sparksdale

• Sparksdale
    replied
    He had 3 left. His former college coach gave him (I forget what it’s called) but because he played so little his last year he got an injury exemption (what ever that’s called). I know sparks had to drive down and get the paper.

Leave a comment:

• JettSixty

• JettSixty
    replied
    Has he played two seasons over the past three years? If so, he still has two seasons left. Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• mys

• mys
    replied
    great to hear!! best of luck to little Sparks

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X