Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JC Homerun, double

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • JC Homerun, double

    This is my daughter...let me know what you think
    The good, the bad, the ugly....Please tell me what you see.


    The linked clip is a homerun from January.

    (link to the swing from January)


    Jenna homerun


    The clip playing in the post is a double to right from Tuesday (3-28)

    LClifton


    Last edited by LClifton; 03-30-2006, 02:19 PM.

  • #2
    I love this swing. Why? Because I think I see/feel a slopless launch. I think I see/feel about as short a time frame as possible from the time the brain says "go" until contact.

    Is it perfect? Doubt it. She just started learning this stuff recently. She goes out to the ball a little. Is it mechancal? Or is she just dealing with new found quickness? I'm curious what Steve or other "posse" members say about it. And also, the "stride to a no-stride" technique?

    But, this is quickness. I have a feeling it can be better. By better I mean more powerful. And if it can be quicker...........lord help them sombitches (pitchers).

    And, I will brag for a modest dad. This girl went from hitting under .300 to over .600 after meeting Steve and some good ole hard work.

    Enough weight shift for you, buster? I thought PCR lacked weight shift.
    Last edited by Ohfor; 03-30-2006, 09:18 AM.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by LClifton
      This is my daughter...let me know what you think.
      The linked clip is a homerun from January.
      The clip playing in the post is a double to right from Tuesday (3-28)

      LClifton


      From the waist up, I think she is almost perfect. Reached a little bit, but it's a game swing, not BP, sometimes that happens. She launches the the bat toward the ball perfectly, IMO.

      The lower body is a bit off IMO. She is shifting back and then forward, might even be pushing from back foot to front. On THIS swing she doesn't start turning her hips until the front foot is FULLY weighted. Better, is to turn into front foot plant. She DOES hold the shoulders back though and lets the hips turn the shoulders.

      A minor issue and again, it's a game swing and it might just be an issue of timing the pitch. It's a very good swing.

      Comment


      • #4
        Loren,

        I'd love to see her "firm up" her front leg a little sooner and see how that effects rotation. I think it would cut down on the hip slide. Of course the hip slide could be her adjusting to a change-up ala A-Rod.

        I'm with the others, she's well on her way to an elite swing! Tell her we're proud of her OBVIOUS hard work.

        Keith

        Comment


        • #5
          Nice swing - I will say one thing I notice is that when she "loads up" her hands go back and I don't see her shoulders go back with them. If you notice on a recent clip of hidengem his shoulder AND hands go back together. I believe that's the ideal scenario. I would like to see her upper body be a little more involved in the "load up" process. I am pretty sure that would give her even more power.
          "Tip it and rip it" - In Memory of Dmac
          "Hit the inside seam" - In Memory of Swingbuster

          Comment


          • #6
            JC nice swing I hope we do not have to walk you at Nationals when we see you, because I hear you are on fire!

            Since both swings are extra bases (one a HR) I would simply say nice adjustments to the pitches.

            I think the only adjustment or swing thought I would suggest trying would be the visual of Michelle Smith, where her front hip is flexed/loaded toward the pitcher and she is carrying her middle (a la Dixon) into heel plant.

            I am trying to get my daughter to carry the middle rather than step (reach out with the front leg) and turn. This visual would be to load, carry the middle and rotate into foot plant rather than load back, step, carry and turn.

            Good Luck and keep working hard!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Stealth
              Nice swing - I will say one thing I notice is that when she "loads up" her hands go back and I don't see her shoulders go back with them. If you notice on a recent clip of hidengem his shoulder AND hands go back together. I believe that's the ideal scenario. I would like to see her upper body be a little more involved in the "load up" process. I am pretty sure that would give her even more power.
              That isn't necessary. The key issue in loading the hands, is to remove slack or slop at the front shoulder, and insure that when the front shoulder turns to swing, that the hands immediately move due to being pulled by the front shoulder.

              The hands also need to stay back at the rear shoulder and not move independently away from the back shoulder. (Turn the box.)

              She has no slack in the front shoulder. Her hands move when the shoulder moves and she keeps the hands back.

              The move you are referring to, can help remove slack in the torso/hip area so that the shoulders are turned by the hips, but she does that pretty well also.

              The only thing I see is what I stated; she shifts back, then pushes sideways onto the front foot, then turns the hips. That can be improved, but her rotation, once it starts, is darn good. It just isn't starting as well as it could.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by jbooth

                The lower body is a bit off IMO. She is shifting back and then forward, might even be pushing from back foot to front. On THIS swing she doesn't start turning her hips until the front foot is FULLY weighted. Better, is to turn into front foot plant.
                I think this is OK for now. She has kind of a funky loading pattern in which her stride has no real part. She loads after her stride with a variation on a "forward by turning" move similar to that of Michelle Smith. Eventually she might consider something else to get her started, but this could work for her for now.

                But when she does start her turn, it doesn't look like her front leg/side is supporting/contributing to her rotation. She needs to turn from both sides. Also, she needs, really needs to turn her back foot inwards. I don't know whether she gives up her rotation and disconnects because she is out in front or whether she disnonnects because she gives up her rotation. I suspect this may be her normal pattern. Turn her back foot in and more stability in the upper front leg.

                But more than all of these needs, her biggest need is to get her HS season over with so she can work with her old man on these things.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by bigdaddy
                  Loren,

                  I'd love to see her "firm up" her front leg a little sooner and see how that effects rotation. I think it would cut down on the hip slide. Of course the hip slide could be her adjusting to a change-up ala A-Rod.

                  I'm with the others, she's well on her way to an elite swing! Tell her we're proud of her OBVIOUS hard work.

                  Keith
                  I don't see the hip slide.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Mark H
                    I don't see the hip slide.
                    Me too. It ain't hip slide.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by jbooth
                      From the waist up, I think she is almost perfect. Reached a little bit, but it's a game swing, not BP, sometimes that happens. She launches the the bat toward the ball perfectly, IMO.

                      The lower body is a bit off IMO. She is shifting back and then forward, might even be pushing from back foot to front. On THIS swing she doesn't start turning her hips until the front foot is FULLY weighted. Better, is to turn into front foot plant. She DOES hold the shoulders back though and lets the hips turn the shoulders.

                      A minor issue and again, it's a game swing and it might just be an issue of timing the pitch. It's a very good swing.
                      yea, she was a little early causing her to sort of reach at the ball. that really doesnt have to do with mechanics though. besides that, she does everything almost perfect. she uses her lower body to its fullest, she stayst through the ball, and she doesn't slice at it. the only thing that i saw is when she loaded up after she brought her bat back she wrapped it. after you bring you bat back, ideally 4-6 inches, you shouldn't move it (until the start of your swing) because it makes your swing slower and less smooth.

                      to wrap it up, if you fix the wrapping of the bat, its a near perfect swing.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        also, keep in mind that the closer your hands are to your body at the point of contact, the more power you will get, as you can see in the two mlb clips.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          For hip slide,see home run clip.

                          Mechanics have been changed by something since then, ? attempts at "PCR" ?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Every time you open your mouth you prove your agenda.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by tom.guerry
                              For hip slide,see home run clip.
                              Maybe a little. This really depends on how you view "hip slide."

                              Mechanics have been changed by something since then, ?
                              Not on purpose, but I agree.


                              attempts at "PCR" ?
                              There is a difference in mechanics.
                              The posture is better in the home run clip.
                              The connection / rotation is better in the homerun clip.
                              So, you are right about the mechanics changing, but IMO, not due to "attempts" at PCR........All three (PCR) were
                              better in the home run clip and she has regressed to some to old habits.

                              Also the ball (black uniform) was hit about 6 feet inside the right field line.
                              So, I would suspect that the rotation may look less complete.

                              Thanks for weighing in here Tom, do you see anything you like? Or are your just here to take your little jabs?
                              Either way, fine by me, just curious.


                              LClifton
                              Last edited by LClifton; 03-30-2006, 09:28 PM.

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X