Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vinyl...cheap, easy and looks good, and software is easy.

Comment

• I use vinyl too.. Dr. Stika.
      9Positions
      9Positions

Comment

• Used to use that, too slow. Bought a 24" plotter. I can print 45-50 at a time at least that is what I have done. Just takes some set up time for each persons name, model etc. Thought about laser, too pricey for basically the same thing, besides every person/customer likes the look and no one has complained so if that is the case I'm not going to change just for the sake of it.

Comment

• Are there any advantages of using Bamboo over maple? Other than strength. A guy on my team uses one and he's gotten hits, but none of them have distance on them. He says they feel good off the bat, but the ball just doesnt trampoline off the bat like a maple, or so it seems.
          I beleive he is using the Mizuno Bamboo.

Comment

• It's mainly strength and that is caused by the lamenting process more than the type of wood. The resins used in the lamenting process are responsible for losing some of it's "pop" or trampoline effect. I don't think it's a great amount less but that's why the ball sounds different coming off the bat.

Comment

• Thank You all, this as got to be one of the best threads on the internet. Thank you all for sharing your knowledge, I had reworked bats my self before, I had been using a 1XX M9 P72 regularly, but mostly had bought all brands, but once I got my hands on a LS BPAS R226, forget it was over best bat I have ever used.

Comment

• BMH,

How was vaca? Been looking around for hooks.. take a look at this link and let me know if I'm on track. http://www.4fishin.com/treble.htm

-Andre
                9Positions
                9Positions

Comment

• Ah, Ivan's model. it's a P72 with a larger diameter knob. That was the last model was created the old way before we purchased our CNC lathe. IROD has tweaked the model a couple of times to suit him better and we ended up making another model since a lot of people order the R226.

I must admit I have really enjoyed this thread too. It's great to hear from people who play other than Pros. Finding their likes and dislikes about a particular product or just the reason why they choose what to buy is very interesting to me.

It's also been really cool talking to other manufacturer's in the business big or small. It's amazing that despite all the size differences in our companies our problems are all basically the same. Having to deal with an organic raw material. Believe me, you can start with two pieces of wood that weigh exactly the same and come out with two identical bats that are an ounce off in weight.

Vacation was great, lost lots of money! I enjoyed the $50 "complementary free" drinks I had at the BlackJack tables.

The hooks we use are single barbed. Let me look to see if we have some info on them.
                  Last edited by BMH; 05-15-2007, 11:07 AM.

Comment

• This is a great thread. And you are not kidding about two identical bats made from same starting point, weighing differently..

I always wondered, what does BPAS stand for?
                    9Positions
                    9Positions

Comment

• Ball Player Assortment

That's where we put bats that are the wrong weights or some blem on them from Pro bat. The AAA teams that come in to play the Bats will usually stop by the factory and they can buy these bats, we keep them in racks off to the side just for them.

Comment

• Originally posted by aj9020 View Post
                        BMH,

How was vaca? Been looking around for hooks.. take a look at this link and let me know if I'm on track. http://www.4fishin.com/treble.htm

-Andre
                        We use this style hook.

http://www.gamakatsu.com/catalog/octo_4x.htm

I think the reason we use them is they are the only ones that will sell to us in bulk.

Comment

• Originally posted by BMH View Post
                          We use this style hook.

http://www.gamakatsu.com/catalog/octo_4x.htm

I think the reason we use them is they are the only ones that will sell to us in bulk.
                          Thanks BMH,
                          And you guys dip bats with the hook? Is this holding the nub? I'm sure you need two to hold a bat..
                          9Positions
                          9Positions

Comment

• Oh sorry, my mind and my money are still in Vegas For dipping we use a two prong style that clips on the bats.

The fish hooks are for the flow coater.

Comment

• that's okay... Vacation does that to you.. Like I said I have a few of those clips, but need more.. Been searching, but can't find them.. I am thinking about using Batspinners suggestion and dip with the nub then use a sticker to cover unfinished portion, if I can't find clips..

My other alternative is to dip to the knob, let bat dry and then dip remaining..
                              9Positions
                              9Positions

Comment

• That's basically an extra step you have to do, then additional drying time for the second coat. Save your time and energy. I ordered 100 stickers from that site. I'll post my findings once they arrive.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X