Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a fantastic World Series! Le Nasties won it all with grit, timely HR`s and awesome starting pitching! i thought the umpiring was biased in favor of the stro`s but that couldn`t stop the final victory for Washington. i grew up in the DC area but then there wasn't any Nationals team and i rooted for the spankies and baltimore as my favorite team the bucs could almost never be viewed on the tube. my parents and g-parents all hail from the steel city where i lived as a pup and so i was brought up to love the black-n-gold. on that note, glad to see the GM Huntington and manager Hurdle both walk the plank! arrrrrrgh!!!!!!

Houston :

Springer-----------Victus axe handle
    Altuve--------------Victus
    Brantley------------Marucci
    Bregman-----------Marucci
    Alvarez-------------Louisville Slugger/Chandler/Victus he was the only player i saw this post season to use 3 different brands!
    Marisnick----------Marucci
    Chirinos------------Victus
    Maldonaldo-------Marucci
    Correa--------------Chandler
    Gurriel--------------Marucci
    Reddick------------Marucci
    Tucker--------------Old Hickory
    Urquidy-------------Marucci
    Cole-----------------??
    Verlander-----------??

Washington DC Nationals :

Turner------------Marucci
    Eaton-------------Old Hickory it appears he used the 1 bat the whole post season! that is awesome if true!
    Rendon----------Marucci tony 2 bags! damn he is gonna get paid this off season! was the MVP in my opinion!
    Soto---------------Old Hickory stud with limitless talent!
    Kendrick---------Trinity nickname: Tank what a great postseason and MVP candidate imo. he has a hummingbird tattoo on his neck! my favorite animal! in japanese hachi-dori
    Taylor-------------Chandler/Victus
    Gomes-----------Old Hickory
    Cabrera----------Marucci
    Suzuki------------Victus axe knob i have always liked Kurt Kiyoshi Suzuki`s consistency! damn good player. he won both CWS and now WS nobody talks about him here in japan much. lots of very excellent Japanese-American players coming into the bigs. good to see!

Robles------------Chandler/Trinity??/Marucci?? couldnt get any good looks except fer sure chandler
    Dozier-------------Old Hickory
    Zimmerman------Louisville Slugger
    Strasburg---------Chandler
    Scherezer--------Louisville Slugger
    Sanchez----------Rawlings
    Corbin-------------Victus
    Parra---------------Marucci
    Ross---------------B45 wow! always find it weird that pitchers who are not adroit at the plate choose minor bat companies like flaherty with the cards choosing SSK

that it for 2019!!

keep squeezing the sawdust out of it!

Comment

• Originally posted by ras-tbone View Post

Suzuki------------Victus axe knob i have always liked Kurt Kiyoshi Suzuki`s consistency! damn good player. he won both CWS and now WS nobody talks about him here in japan much. lots of very excellent Japanese-American players coming into the bigs. good to see!
      Kurt is an island boi, Nihongo in name only (kinda like Higgt from the Yanks), so not surprised no chatter about them on the land of the rising sun. The victus axe bats are sweet. I am pleased my kid love swinging them. I am very disappointed Chandler is not making any axe bats for the general public

Comment

• yeah i would like higgy to succeed as he seems to be a decent backstop but the spankies aint gonna give him much more time to develop as he is 27 soon and the stick is not looking like it will ever be very productive. of course he ia a cali dude but gets zero notice in japan. on the axe handle bats: whats your perspective with the use trends? it seems to me that it has topped out in the mlb as some guys have gone back to standard knobs after trying axe. i have yet to try one but will eventually. i dont see anyone using it in japan whatsoever which is weird.

Comment

• I guess like all bats it really is an individual feel/confidence thing. I feel a more whippy palm up/down through the hitting zone and I do like overall comfort in my hands. I am not convinced on the protection of the hamate bone with this handle but it makes sense how there is reduced force there. I still need to see actual data. More importantly my kid feels like he can drop tanks with the axe handle bat. Unfortunately he only wants the expensive Victus brand. Kid has real champagne taste on my tab. He will be contributing soon.
          Last edited by sparkny2; 11-08-2019, 05:06 AM.

Comment

• Played with a few guys this year swinging Axe handled bats (with Lizard skin no less). We all cringed when they broke. And they all did. I've had good luck with Max and Prowler. Will be my gamer's for next year.
            See ball, hit ball.

Comment

• Dovetail needs some more love. Hardest wood I’ve swung and I’ve swung them all

Comment

• Originally posted by sl0annuggets View Post
                Dovetail needs some more love. Hardest wood I’ve swung and I’ve swung them all
                Agree! Love Dove Tail. My son also likes Axe handle woodies. So with Dove Tail he gets the best of both worlds. We are looking at ordering up a new axe handle Dove Tail here very soon.

Comment

• Just won two bats from Ebay. LS H268 and LS C332. Curious as to whose who models they were and which profiles were used. The 268 had a long, medium barrel, medium handle, and a small, flared knob. I love the small flared knob. The C332 has a bell knob, which I am not a fan of. However, I love the medium handle, large, short barrel with a quick transition. I would love to know which profile LS added a bell knob to create the C332. And does that model exist with a small flared knob?

The MLB Select M356, on the other hand, is a different story. Someone gave me one a few years ago. His son was the bullpen catcher for the Reading Phillies. The bat was given to him by Mike Spidale. https://www.baseball-reference.com/r...d=spidal001mic The bat knob has his number 12 written in black marker. It has the date stamp of "02 21 12." The bat is 33.5/32.5. Used it for BP. Fast forward to last year. I was looking for another M356. I found the one pictured on Ebay and won the auction. There was no pic of the knob on the Ebay listing. Imagine my surprise when it arrived and I discovered it's the exact same as the one I have. Just curious to know a little more about the model run.

Thanks!

See ball, hit ball.

Comment

• Bought two sam bats,

One of them broke near the handle during BP from 50 feet away and barely any velocity on the pitch. I do like the inside pitch a lot but didn't expect it to die like that. Was a bit disappointed.

Now waiting for the SSK and Phoenix Bat and Baum Bat to come by and see what's it like.

Comment

• Originally posted by Modal94 View Post
                      Bought two sam bats,

One of them broke near the handle during BP from 50 feet away and barely any velocity on the pitch. I do like the inside pitch a lot but didn't expect it to die like that. Was a bit disappointed.

Now waiting for the SSK and Phoenix Bat and Baum Bat to come by and see what's it like.
                      I've had several Phoenix bats over the years. They're okay. For the same money, I'd buy Max. I have quite a few and have only broken one. Prowler Bats are up-and-coming. I used one of their as a gamer last season.
                      See ball, hit ball.

Comment

• Originally posted by PhilliesPhan22 View Post

I've had several Phoenix bats over the years. They're okay. For the same money, I'd buy Max. I have quite a few and have only broken one. Prowler Bats are up-and-coming. I used one of their as a gamer last season.
                        The max bats look cool. I didn't know of any other brands around here worth giving a shot. Only after I bought it I found SSK and Demarini Composite. I'll post pics when these bats arrive

Comment

Bought two sam bats,

Never like to hear about broken bats! Reach out to me at [email protected] and we can work something out to help you out.

Comment

The max bats look cool. I didn't know of any other brands around here worth giving a shot. Only after I bought it I found SSK and Demarini Composite. I'll post pics when these bats arrive
                            Most of them are worth a shot. Most are in the $80-130 range now.
                            See ball, hit ball.

Comment

• Originally posted by PhilliesPhan22 View Post

Most of them are worth a shot. Most are in the $80-130 range now.
                              If I break anymore bats, I'm going to scoop one out since they have some unique combination, I mean this sounds like a behemoth.

https://www.maxbats.com/shop/bats/custom/610/35

Comment

If I break anymore bats, I'm going to scoop one out since they have some unique combination, I mean this sounds like a behemoth.

https://www.maxbats.com/shop/bats/custom/610/35
                                I had that model. 33/31.5. Black handle with white hot barrel. I didn't use it much and sold it. Your assessment is correct, it is a behemoth. The three models I have and use the most:

R10, birch, 33/30.5
                                S24, ash, 33/30
                                TH48, maple, 33/31.5

The TH48 is over 10 years old. The barrel is slammed and the paint is wearing off the barrel. I probably own another 10 bats that aren't currently in the bucket :-D

See ball, hit ball.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X