This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BMH View Post

It was an interesting video to watch. We usually run the low end ash out of our 3rd grade or even whatever Ash we have too much of so there sometimes might be some real pearls in there but it's also not weighted meaning you could have some real wild drop/up weights. On the maple side the M9's are run out of kiln dried while the Primes are vacuumed dried. Right out of the driers that does make a difference on hardness but if allowed to acclimate the Kiln dried can be just as hard as the vacuum dried.
    Thanks for the check in BMH!

It was interesting and did like that the ycame away surprised with the CB35 Prime. After understanding wood and the properties it takes to deem quality MLB Wood, I already knew what would end up being the best and the performance spike helped make it clear.

Do you have any bats currently in rotation that is the densest in your lineup? And does Density equate to less of a sweet spot? Alex Rodriguez/Ken Griffey comes to mind with the C271 and the rise of the C243 used by the leading sluggers of today's game.

Comment

• Made the wife happy and got some of them off the floor. I need more walls....

20200914_192111.jpg

Comment

• Had a nice conversation with Jared from Prairie Sticks about density, wood bats and even tracing. Going to send him a copy of a bat that got me some great hits on Sunday. Not going to say anything about the bat maker because I’m not the one to complain about quality but the wood isn’t my cup of tea. Still top go to locations are SAM, Prowler and Prairie for future orders.

Anyways, just the fun to chat and get knowledge about the bat process, the art of tracing and his own experience of other bat makers and turn models was eye opening. Definitely when you can get a chance, get yourself a bat and if you have a certain turn model used by pros and other bat makers, let him know and he might just have it programmed in their machines.

Comment

• Trying to making a dream come true. My 14yo switch hitter wants to make his own bat. So I bought a few Ash billets and brought a Lathe and tools home from my Dad's. He had a Phoenix BB71A 32 (broke it this summer) and really liked it, so he will copy that one. I also have a T141 he could also copy; but I was thinking he should try M110. Would anyone be willing to share the dimensions of the 110 with me though DM? What about the relation between billet weight and those models. We would like to end up around -3.

Comment

• One of the kids on the team that I coach had some wood from a company that I had not heard of before, Panda Bat Co.. Apparently the gentleman who owns the company turns the bats at his house. I was really digging the bats, especially the unpainted barrels he had that had some flaming in the middle. They were nice. The kid who had them said he lost his normal wood bat and called this guy up, who is located near him in south Texas, and he went over and picked them up. He told me the price he paid and I was amazed. The kid raked all weekend with them also. I am looking into possibly picking up one or two.

Comment

• Originally posted by Colonel21 View Post
              One of the kids on the team that I coach had some wood from a company that I had not heard of before, Panda Bat Co.. Apparently the gentleman who owns the company turns the bats at his house. I was really digging the bats, especially the unpainted barrels he had that had some flaming in the middle. They were nice. The kid who had them said he lost his normal wood bat and called this guy up, who is located near him in south Texas, and he went over and picked them up. He told me the price he paid and I was amazed. The kid raked all weekend with them also. I am looking into possibly picking up one or two.
              I just ordered two bats from Panda Bat Co. I chatted with the owner over Instagram. Absolute pleasure to chat with and very customer service oriented. I will post some pics once I receive the bats. I went with the simple unfinished look with some flaming in it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Colonel21 View Post

I just ordered two bats from Panda Bat Co. I chatted with the owner over Instagram. Absolute pleasure to chat with and very customer service oriented. I will post some pics once I receive the bats. I went with the simple unfinished look with some flaming in it.
                Keep me posted, I was on IG and found them. They look so new and don’t know if I would just order without some testimonials or in person experience. Hopefully you are content and I might take the plunge.

Also on IG, was an account Rambat baseball that followed me. They have cool looking designs but no idea if their wood is good. Still, I’d imagine they got something good there.

On another note, wanted to share the Prairie Sticks Ash Flamed M356 model just to show off. Again, I want to see when this bat comes in, if I can get a DJ Lemaihue flame finish like the one he uses right now, and another looking like Alfonso Soriano with the pine tar, I’m going to be one happy man,

EDIT: Teammates couldn't wait to put pine tar on it
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Modal94; Today, 07:18 PM.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X