Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Short rant: I don't like wood bat companies that don't list the turn model in the description. If it's the Happy Bat Company and they have a model called the HB271, okay, I know it's going to be similar to a C271. But if they call a model the HB044 just put dimensions in the description, I have no idea what it will look or swing like. In other words, it gives me nothing to picture.
    See ball, hit ball.

Comment

• Black Friday code for Phoenix Bats is BF25 for 25% off.
      See ball, hit ball.

Comment

• Have Jaw Bats making a unique I13 like bat. Similar to Acuna’s model, but with more end load, uncupped and extra weight to make the model more dense.

I’ve always had good contact skills but my swing was too level/downward to generate any chance of extra base hits. Now that I can lift the ball, I need some end load to help with my distance and sweet spot

Comment

• Jaw Bats are 'spensive. Very hard to fine a decent wood bat for less than 100 bucks. And Pro Bats is closing because Charlie is retiring. Charlie makes a quality bat.
          See ball, hit ball.

Comment

• Originally posted by PhilliesPhan22 View Post
            Jaw Bats are 'spensive. Very hard to fine a decent wood bat for less than 100 bucks. And Pro Bats is closing because Charlie is retiring. Charlie makes a quality bat.
            They charge roughly the same as some of the big brands, only when wanting truly crazy customs is when they shock me. Prairie Sticks still has Dropbombs for a coupon to have stock wood bats for 75 USD and roughly 100-120 for custom wood bats. And I have videos to back up their quality.

Also, bots are getting smarter every year

Comment

• $180+ for a wood bat is still shocking to me.
              See ball, hit ball.

Comment

$180+ for a wood bat is still shocking to me.
                Simply supply and demand. Would love to have discounted bats from LS as a MLB player, but that wasn’t in the cards. Most bats are now $180.

THere’s still Prairie and Prowler bats where I can something cheaper and try new wood bats, but even they are raising in price

Comment

• Max Bat is now on the "cheaper" end for a very fine bat.
                  See ball, hit ball.

Comment

Jaw Bats are 'spensive. Very hard to fine a decent wood bat for less than 100 bucks. And Pro Bats is closing because Charlie is retiring. Charlie makes a quality bat.
                    Check Archer Bat Company. His prices are right around $100 and he makes a quality bat. My son has switched over to using just his woods. The other day he hit his farthest ball ever with a woody using an Archer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Colonel21 View Post

Check Archer Bat Company. His prices are right around $100 and he makes a quality bat. My son has switched over to using just his woods. The other day he hit his farthest ball ever with a woody using an Archer.
                      They have a large variety of profiles. Website lacks important details like handle and barrel diameter, model description, as well as bigger photos of bats. Also doesn't mention the differences between "pro custom" and "signature" for $5.
                      PhilliesPhan22
                      Student of the Game
                      Last edited by PhilliesPhan22; 01-14-2022, 12:44 PM.
                      See ball, hit ball.

Comment

They have a large variety of profiles. Website lacks important details like handle and barrel diameter, model description, as well as bigger photos of bats. Also doesn't mention the differences between "pro custom" and "signature" for $5.
                        Pro Custom will have the ink dot test. Signature does not. I had asked the owner the same question before I ordered my sons 141.

I do agree that the website could be better. He is a one man operation. So I think he spends most of his time turning bats and not so much on the website. He is very responsive on Instagram if you message him there with questions.

Comment

• I don't do social media. My baseball league folded. The nearest MSBL plays over an hour from me. Not exactly feasible with my work schedule. I'm not ready to quit playing baseball, but the sun is getting high on my career. There are a few modified fastpitch leagues close by. But they don't use wood bats.
                          See ball, hit ball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Modal94 View Post
                            Have an Anchor Bat coming, a Bubba Thompson model, similar to an I13, but barrel diameter lowered to add durability, easier swing weight but still have pop due to the long barrel and quicker taper from handle to barrel. Can't wait to swing
                            is that model the CF9?

Edit... Nevermind, I thought it read Archer Bat, then I re-read and I see it's Anchor lol
                            cmflores9
                            Last edited by cmflores9; Yesterday, 12:06 PM. Reason: Misread the bat company name

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X