Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anybody tried the Vintage bats from Phoenix? The Ruth essentially is training bat at this point (35" 40oz), but the Marris was kinda interesting. Just wish it was in 34.5. They're doing 30% off now too.

Comment

• I was looking for a company called Vintage Bats in Phoenix, AZ. Then I realized you were talking about the vintage line from Phoenix Bats out of Ohio. I have their NK43. I also have one from their now discontinued "really big wood" line. It's 37 inches and weighs 38 ounces.
      See ball, hit ball.

Comment

• Mine Bat sent my son a couple of models to do some testing with and provide some video feedback (kind of like Baseball Bat Bros). They sent the Power model and the Balanced model. I am pretty impressed so far with the bats. I love the soft touch grip on the handles. Usually with wood my son will go put a tennis overwrap on it for some cushioning and grip, but with the soft touch handle he said he didn't have to. Didn't even need to use pine tar. The Power model was definitely the model that fit his swing the best. He has pretty much stopped swinging all his other wood bats and is only swing the Mine Power now. I was digging around their website. Love their warranty in that they will replace any bat broken within six months of purchasing it. No questions asked. So far pretty impressed with Mine Bat.

Comment

• There's a lot of black Friday deals. Minebats is doing buy 1, get one for $80 off. MaxBats is really good. 25% off customs that stacks with coupons (like BK8 gets 20% off). So like 95 bucks for a custom there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Modal94 View Post

Hey BMH,

I figured to ask, does LS have any new discoveries or breakthrough in wood bats with minor leaguers and players on their request? Like I know there were talks about the ra23 shifting the weight closer to the hands and finding a way to slim the barrel. Want to know if the hockey puck or slimming the barrel size has been in discussion?
            Oh yes, I have made probably 35-40 new models featuring some form of Puck or double knob variant. They ask the puck to weigh precisely 1oz, 1.5oz or my favorite 1.8oz.
            What is old is new again in my book. I just pulled the models out of the model room we made back in the 40's through the 50's to copy the puck design. Hopefully, it won't last as long this time.

Also, I have made several variants of our most popular models with moving the CG around. The easiest way to increase bat speed is to shorten the bat. But these pucks add length and weight. The weight forces us to use a lighter billet which will give you fast swing speed but the lighter weight in the barrel means there is less mass and the ball most likely won't travel as far.
            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 2 photos.
            Last edited by BMH; 11-28-2022, 11:43 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BMH View Post

Oh yes, I have made probably 35-40 new models featuring some form of Puck or double knob variant. They ask the puck to weigh precisely 1oz, 1.5oz or my favorite 1.8oz.
              What is old is new again in my book. I just pulled the models out of the model room we made back in the 40's through the 50's to copy the puck design. Hopefully, it won't last as long this time.

Also, I have made several variants of our most popular models with moving the CG around. The easiest way to increase bat speed is to shorten the bat. But these pucks add length and weight. The weight forces us to use a lighter billet which will give you fast swing speed but the lighter weight in the barrel means there is less mass and the ball most likely won't travel as far.
              Hey BMH, thanks for getting back. I have a Puck Knob OTW to test it out and will see how it works for my hitters with Hittrax.

I feel there's a science no one wants to discuss about bat speed, having a inverse relationship with mass(weight), length but all having a factor in how distance plays a role. By weight in the barrel, do you mean end loaded weight or simply a denser billet to pull from?

Comment

• My wording was confusing, my apologies.
                I do mean both. Yes, the weight in the Puck does allow easier barrel movement in the swing but it's bat speed, swing weight and density that gives the ball it's distance on average. Many of the new models I am creating are 34.5in and up with the puck and are still requested in the 32-33oz weight range. If no changes are made to the barrel to compensate for the mass of the puck then billet weight has to be lighter which reduces the density of the bat.

Comment

• Originally posted by BMH View Post
                  My wording was confusing, my apologies.
                  I do mean both. Yes, the weight in the Puck does allow easier barrel movement in the swing but it's bat speed, swing weight and density that gives the ball it's distance on average. Many of the new models I am creating are 34.5in and up with the puck and are still requested in the 32-33oz weight range. If no changes are made to the barrel to compensate for the mass of the puck then billet weight has to be lighter which reduces the density of the bat.
                  Got it,

Hence, this Puck knob is 34 inch in total, puck knob, drop 2 in weight but also brought it to be uncupped. I would imagine the weight difference would make the bat less dense, but should have a whip affect.

Th ePuck has success thanks to some NVP Front runners, but I wonder if the barry bonds bat model/C331 or H359 will see a re-assurance cause of the counter weight of the knob

Comment

• In case you guys have not heard, Mine Baseball lost their office and storage warehouse to a fire. Six hundred or so bats were lost in the fire. They are already working to rebuild and get some inventory going. It sounds like they may be looking at March before they can get enough supply to start filling orders again. They have switched to selling pre-orders and gift cards for the time being.

Comment

• That really sucks, I wish that on no one in a wood shop. Fire moves fast and deadly, especially when your wood is below 8% moisture content not to mention all the dust powder everywhere.
                      It can be scary, we've had 3 fires and a flood. Two fires took out all the buildings and the flood was in 1937. Luckily we operated in a 4 story building then...that was taken out by one of the fires.

The last fire we had happened in our current building right after we opened in 1996. A spark went up into the Cyclone and lit all the dust bags on fire, all 100 of them. The fire was contained in the cyclone but all the air gets put back into the building. It billowed black smoke everywhere. If you've ever been on a tour and looked up to see the "dark grey" ceiling insulation, well it used to be white.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X