Pitcher is more fun than any other position

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pitcher is more fun than any other position

When I am on the field at second base or in the outfield, its fun but I feel "small" and powerless. However, when I am pitching, I feel omnipotent, I feel like a giant. All the power is in my hands, because I control the speed and pace of a game. Just felt I had to get that off my huge manly chest.
    "He hits from both sides of the plate. He's amphibious."- Yogi Berra

Some people feel that way, other people dont. I like to pitch every once in a while,usually in save situations.This is simply a matter of personal opinion though.As a batter you have alot of power in your hands too. Ive tended to shy away from pitching in the past because of a horrible expirence of when i let up 10 runs in one inning (NONE OF THEM were earned, it just seem that anytime the ball had a chance to land somewhere it would,finnaly my coach came out and said he had to pull me not because it was my fault but he thought i might be the only one that could catch the ball)
    Last edited by Williamsburg2599; 03-31-2006, 08:00 PM.

Comment

That's why I like being behind the plate.

I can see whatever's going on, control the pitcher, annoy the batter, work the ump. Do whatever the hell I want. I control the game and I let my team know I'm in charge.
      "I feel like I'm the luckiest man on the face of the planet, I might have had a bad break or two but I have an awful lot to live for, thank you."
      -Lou Gehrig

"You can learn little from victory. You can learn everything from defeat."
      - Christy Matthewson

Comment

Yea, the same thing happened to me, I gave up two unearned runs my first outing. My outfielders couldn't catch flyballs, but my infield was cool.
        Maybe the team I played jus couldnt hit, cuz the everything was a fastball with no movement. The only two curves I tried to throw went behind the batter LMAO.
        "He hits from both sides of the plate. He's amphibious."- Yogi Berra

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X