No announcement yet.

LIL HELP HITTING FLAWS follow up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I know things about pigeons. His swing MIGHT get him as far as D3, non-scholarship baseball, depending on how athletic he is.

When college time comes around We will pick a college for academics.Not one neccessarily where he can play ball.Brains will take a kid 99.9 percent further in life than a college baseball carreer...I really do appreciate everybodys help here.

Thanks ursa and swingy for telling your stories.
    Yeah we all have visions of our kids going "PRO" but when its over the memories of the team the bus rides etc etc.will last forever.

BTW fungo great post thanks
    Last edited by wogdoggy; 04-05-2006, 05:25 AM.

Comment

Steve will not fix him in one or three days. Steve will show him how elite athletes swing a bat and will do "any number of things" to help him begin to move in more athletic, efficient ways.

I know steve is an instructor not a magician,but the bottom line is SOMEBODY else has to do it at this point.i have thrown to much [email protected] at this kid in the last year.he is learning to hate me as much as my wife does...lol..

Comment

Whaaaa. Excuses, excuses, excuses.

All because something isn't easy.

If it was easy everyone would be doing it.

Everyone of us has told our son's/daughters wrong stuff until we got the right stuff.

Suck it up and get to work.
        Last edited by Ohfor; 04-05-2006, 06:02 AM.

Comment

lets go ohfor two out of three.lol...when i come to st louis im gonna look you up.
          Last edited by wogdoggy; 04-05-2006, 06:01 AM.

Comment

Swingbuster, thanks for sharing your story. We may have differences among all of us in hitting technique, but sometimes its the broader issues that bring us together. (Or conversely, tear us apart -- like with Ohfor.)

You suggested, "Maybe you should be more open minded to what does " feel right " for him and try some different approaches." Well, you wouldn't say that if you saw his swing now; he's dropping his hands and his bathead horribly and is missing the high fastball. So, he knows he needs work; the question is whether he can trust me to be the teacher. (And don't ask me to direct him to the team manager; he can't coach hitting for beans, and what he does teach sounds like the worst of Charlie Lau.)

But, a lot of it comes down to the kid's desire. Ohfor scolds, "Suck it up and get to work." What good does that do if we just chase our kids out of baseball and impair our relationships with them (and, as Woggy notes, our wives to boot)? Ohfor's kid wanted it badly enough to defy the odds and develop from a weak early high school hitter to a college player.

My kid doesn't have that drive or agenda. Hey, he just told me today that he wasn't all that interested in going to Disneyland over spring break; he'd really like to start learning computer programming!
            sigpicIt's not whether you fall -- everyone does -- but how you come out of the fall that counts.

Comment

Originally posted by Ursa Major
              ... My kid doesn't have that drive or agenda.
              I have no problem with that until he or you stand in someone elses way.

Comment

I have no problem with that until he or you stand in someone elses way.

stand in somebody's way? wtf does that mean?:noidea

Comment

Originally posted by wogdoggy
                  I was hoping steve could come out and work some magic with son.But i do know its tough to do in 3 days.
                  Having had Steve here last weekend, I can tell you that every kid who walked in the door went out a better batter. I don't know if he can "fix" your kid, but I'm sure he can improve his hitting. Then its up to you to follow through and make sure your son doesn't slip back into bad habits.

Comment

Originally posted by Ohfor
                    If it was easy everyone would be doing it.
                    Everyone of us has told our son's/daughters wrong stuff until we got the right stuff.
                    Suck it up and get to work.
                    Well stated.
                    Believe in your kid when they don't....Just when you sense that they are ready to "just take a break" urge them to excel...

Woggy,
                    WHEN your son improves it will be a great day(s)..
                    Go for it, the journey is priceless.
                    Hard as H*** and worth it.
                    I encourage you to continue,
                    we all have had to say, "What we did yesterday may be inaccurate, let's do this......your understanding will get better and so will his.

LClifton

Comment

Thanks EVERYBODY for the great advice.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X