• Show
Clear All

• piazza

hiddengem,

did you see Piazza's two hits last night? how they relate to this article:

http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniont...s25padres.html

here's video link to his HR:

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/a...t=.jsp&c_id=sd

but the single to left was just as impressive, and a better example.

THANK YOU RAY...

For guys wanting OPPO Power see how he does it. THe loading pattern BHUT and inside /out Bonds type "top hand " down on that ball. If you have not tried this then you are missing half of your potential or more. Look at that pitch location.

If you think you can just let that ball get deep and turn on it ...well good luck. He threw that top hand down on it in a whip fashion. Full hip turn doesn't help you over there and down ...that is why MLB player must have another power source...hand torque

HOF players vs the rest of them...they can use the whole park...we do work on that. A pull field team is doomed before the season starts.
    Last edited by swingbuster; 04-04-2006, 05:15 AM.

Comment

For as much as you look, it's amazing what you can't see.

Comment

I coach 16-30 kids from time to time. I see many things more than your coaching one for 4 years.

Comment

"Piazza, who swings a 34½-inch stick that weighs 33 ounces, said hand strength is crucial to allowing him to propel off-speed pitches for hits when he's prematurely committed to the swing."

"It's not when a guy hits a cookie that tells you – they all can do that.”

This pretty much says it all right here. You can look at David Wright's oppo homer yesterday, or his single to right, where an adjustment with the hands was required on a slider away. I agree with Piazza when he said it's not the most important thing, but it's added insurance.

Comment

beautiful upper/lower body timing as evidenced by synch of front leg and back arm. Back arm action can be detemined by how bat is coking/uncoking.

also notice the open front foot at toe touch,even for middle out location.

arm/handstrength is extremely important in a good "hips and hands" swing as is well known in golf in the case of the "classic" swing:

http://www.golfdigest.com/ravielli/

"Since the old hickory shafts were so whippy, there was much greater use of the hands in the classic swing,"

"The wooden shafts also caused greater emphasis to be placed on timing than is the case in the powerful modern swing

"The danger with the classic swing is that it places so much emphasis on the hands and wrists. They are the speed producers, but they are also the weakest link in the swing unless they are supported by the necessary strength in the fingers, hands and forearm."

Comment

SB and Tom,

You guys just wear me out. Whatever cue works for you.

Comment

You guys just wear me out
                We are trying to balance the equation Mark. That Piazza clip was no PCR FP swing. Watch him from the catcers point of view and watch the path of the bat barrel.

We tell you whats happening...the MLB players tell you whats happening and in your eyes it still isn't happening as they have a perception/ reality problem. Well all of them do not.

People log on here and get PCR advice and keep tugging the top hand .

Hold your right hand up palm out shoulder height. Now rotate the hips to the left. What happens to the hand...absolutely nothing. The same thing that happens to the bat when the top hand trys to come forward with hip turn.

Comment

You should have paid more attention on setpro and you really need a couple of hours on the field with Steve.

Comment

They can only see what they can see...................not much.

Comment

You should have paid more attention on setpro and you really need a couple of hours on the field with Steve.
                      Or you should just say what you think is happening

They can only see what they can see...................not much.
                      We can say what we know.... more than you can do with your gag order

Comment

he never really turned on it seemed he just muscled it out ,,does he just move his rear leg back to clear the way?
                        I know the results were great but is this really a great swing?

Comment

Originally posted by swingbuster
                          ...We can say what we know....
                          And you do. Over and over and over. BHUT, BHUT, BHUT, BHUT. The same sh*t that has been taught on amateur fields for years and years and years. And 1 out of a 10,000 will "get it".

It's not our fault that that is all you know.

Comment

Originally posted by wogdoggy
                            I know the results were great but is this really a great swing?
                            You just hit the nail on the head without even realizing it.

An actual game is not a batting cage. The real-time adjustments you make from AB to AB and from pitch to pitch, do not result in a "great swing" at all times. Success at high levels depends greatly on your ability to make solid contact in these situations, which happen a ton in real games.

Comment

And 1 out of a 10,000 will "get it".
                              about the same % that make it to and in MLB and one more that gets what your saying that never helps kids..

.my 4 hole BHUT hit a grandslam with it today. We were sitting in the dugout betting on whether they would pitch him in the center of the plate not on whether he would knock it out...that was easy

The same sh*t that has been taught on amateur fields for years and years and years.
                              That is funny...I never see it taught and not even here. It IS poorly understood I guess and very simple
                              Last edited by swingbuster; 04-04-2006, 06:37 PM.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X