Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Favor

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Favor

    Could someone please go to www.kcroyals.com and check out the Mike Sweeney 2-run homer clip from last night. If you can find a way to post on here like you all do with the other clips, that would be great. I tried, but with dialup, my computer freezes up. Thanks.

  • #2
    same wish.
    similar boat.

    Comment


    • #3
      I tried but none of my programs recognize the .flv file format. We need a computer guru to help on this one.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Sultan_1895-1948
        Could someone please go to www.kcroyals.com and check out the Mike Sweeney 2-run homer clip from last night. If you can find a way to post on here like you all do with the other clips, that would be great. I tried, but with dialup, my computer freezes up. Thanks.
        A good example of what strong hands and forearms will do for ya. Just a little flick of the wrist and he left the yard.

        Comment


        • #5
          Sweeney HR Clip

          Comment


          • #6
            Well, that clip wouldn't load 4x4, thanks for doin' it though. I swear, this makes me want to throw my laptip through the friekin' window sometimes, but oh well. I saw the original highlihght on sportscenter, and was amazed that he could be that out front, and off balance, and still be able to pull it out to left. Somethings up with the ball this year.

            HG, exactly, it's these types of swings, and adjustments made by the hands that can allow for a hard hit ball, when you should either roll over on it, or foul it off, but there's somethin' up beyond that. KC historically isn't an easy park to get it out of, and Sweeney's a strong guy, but this is ridicluous. I was watchin' the Royals game today, and Reggie Sanders hit a should be gapper at best out to right, and it just kept carrying and went out. Even the announcers mentioned how the ball seems "hot" this year. Somethin''s up. Anyway, jusst wanted to get the clip up, wish my computer didn't suck arse.

            Comment


            • #7
              Nice BHUT.

              Nice rubberband winding/hands stay back/back elbow rotates down as front knee turns open. front knee turns open before back knee turns.

              Somewhat of offspeeed pitch and lower than expected. Back shoulder drops and back knee hinges more,prolomgrd "drop and tilt".

              weight stays back. axis leans back. bat(clubhead) releases and catches ball well on up slope. (long/"extended" swing where bat has lined up with forearm by contact as opposed to hands way ahead of bathead)

              perfect swing is adjustment you make.

              Adjustment was not primarily by "torso tilt".It was a good one.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by tom.guerry
                Nice BHUT.

                Nice rubberband winding/hands stay back/back elbow rotates down as front knee turns open. front knee turns open before back knee turns.

                Somewhat of offspeeed pitch and lower than expected. Back shoulder drops and back knee hinges more,prolomgrd "drop and tilt".

                weight stays back. axis leans back. bat(clubhead) releases and catches ball well on up slope. (long/"extended" swing where bat has lined up with forearm by contact as opposed to hands way ahead of bathead)

                perfect swing is adjustment you make.

                Adjustment was not primarily by "torso tilt".It was a good one.
                Yup. It's all there:

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by tom.guerry
                  Nice BHUT.

                  Nice rubberband winding/hands stay back/back elbow rotates down as front knee turns open. front knee turns open before back knee turns.

                  Somewhat of offspeeed pitch and lower than expected. Back shoulder drops and back knee hinges more,prolomgrd "drop and tilt".

                  weight stays back. axis leans back. bat(clubhead) releases and catches ball well on up slope. (long/"extended" swing where bat has lined up with forearm by contact as opposed to hands way ahead of bathead)

                  perfect swing is adjustment you make.

                  Adjustment was not primarily by "torso tilt".It was a good one.
                  Yup. Textbook swing.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    A good example of what strong hands and forearms will do for ya. Just a little flick of the wrist and he left the yard.
                    David,

                    I've looked at the clip 50 times, and I can't see it. THe ONLY thing I see in the wrists is an UNhinging.

                    Regards,

                    Scott

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      What did I miss? Where did the picture or Rory Sullivan come from, and who is he?

                      Regards,

                      Scott

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by ssarge
                        David,

                        I've looked at the clip 50 times, and I can't see it. THe ONLY thing I see in the wrists is an UNhinging.

                        Regards,

                        Scott
                        Don't know what to tell you other that I've "Been there and done that" and know how that feels.

                        If I went up to the plate and told myslef "Ok, now the only thing I want my wrists to do are "unhinge" and do that without applying any force through my hands. My bat would be slow as heck, never release through the ball and just plain stink.

                        Now, all my wrists MIGHT be doing are unhinging. But in order to catch up to the stuff I'm facing I have to think about having quick hands.

                        I'd bet that if you asked Sweeney what happened on that swing. He'd say I was fooled but kept my hands back and threw them at the ball at the last second.
                        Last edited by hiddengem; 04-13-2006, 01:29 AM.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Someone should start a thread, where you guys can post video clips from the night before or something, and discuss what they did on the swing. :atthepc

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Don't know what to tell you other that I've "Been there and done that" and know how that feels.

                            If I went up to the plate and told myslef "Ok, now the only thing I want my wrists to do are "unhinge" and do that without applying any force through my hands. My bat would be slow as heck, never release through the ball and just plain stink.
                            The Reggie Sanders clip on the Royal's site BHUT...bang!

                            Our Jeromy Smith senior 6-1 185 HS hit a 360 dead center HR on Tues...effortlessly just like that. BHUT / then popped the hands with rotation .

                            Then our LH 10 grader came up and hit one with pure Olerud- type rotation and no BHUT.

                            So there ARE two swing patterns. The righties ( top hand dominant) need more arm action many times

                            Sandman will have both of their set ups and they are quite different

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Buster, check out Sexson's grand slam tonight. Pitch that started middle in and crept in further. Without the adjustment with his hands, he probably would have fouled it off his foot.

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X