Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• azmatsfan
    replied
    Before he works on anything else he needs to load his hands as he strides forward. His hands are currently moving forward as he strides. He wants to "load" them by "elbowing the first base coach" as he strides. Think of it like cocking your fist as you step into a punch. Here's a gif of Andre Ethier demonstrating what I'm talking about:

ethier.gif

Leave a comment:

• tradosaurus
    replied
    Have him practice the Happy Gilmore drill and then film him while he is doing it.

Personally I can't see anything unless you can slow the swing down by 50%.

The only obvious thing to me is he is bouncing the bat after the swing. I would encourage him to
    take the top hand off after contact like Albert Pujols.

Leave a comment:

• songtitle
    replied
    At toe touch...
    gehrig1.JPG
    His front hip is already open, and his back elbow is already down, and his shoulders may be 'upside down' (the front should be lower than the back at this point).

This is causing a host of later problems in the next phase ('toe touch to contact' phase)- gate swing, pushing, hips freezing, etc.

I would work on the 'stride to toe touch' phase in the mirror to fix these things. And here he should coil back as he goes forward.
    Last edited by songtitle; 02-21-2012, 05:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Gehrig27
    started a topic Brother's swing

Brother's swing

Taped my brother taking some cuts today, getting in shape for his summer league and just looking for some c&c. He was a little tired at this point, but let me know if you see anything he should work on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okzIS...CJQ&lf=mh_lolz

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X