Wood Bat Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wood Bat Advice

Son is looking for a wood bat. We live near a Rawlings Store but I have heard the different model numbers mean a difference in the bat weight and distribution. Another parent on the team suggested a Rawling Adirondack Pro R243. He said it was a true -3 and nicely balanced. Looking for the wood bat experts for a Rawlings model bat (or any model) that is a true -3 with nice balance.

Thanks...any suggestions are appreciated.

Rosko

Originally posted by Rosko View Post
    Son is looking for a wood bat. We live near a Rawlings Store but I have heard the different model numbers mean a difference in the bat weight and distribution. Another parent on the team suggested a Rawling Adirondack Pro R243. He said it was a true -3 and nicely balanced. Looking for the wood bat experts for a Rawlings model bat (or any model) that is a true -3 with nice balance.

Rosko
    Go to http://justbats.com and check out their wood bat reviews.

I bought my son the Brett Bros MB110 bat a few months ago. It has great pop and has not cracked yet. $59.00

Comment

Originally posted by Rosko View Post

Rosko
      243 is one of the most common styles. My son used an ExoGrid and found the 243 to be very similar especially the handle which meant the same feel in grip. He's been using 243's for several years now.

Comment

You need to take him to the store an let him pick out a bat that he likes, because they vary in handle thickness, knob shape, barrel thickness, material (Ash/Maple)... Get the model number and go look for the best deal (The Rawlings store will have very good deals on their wood bats though)... The store in Kissimmee, FL has a great selection!

My son likes the Louisville Slugger Griffey Jr. Pro Stock Model (C271)...

http://www.ballgloves.com/cgi-local/...ve.pl?PSC27134

Rawlings makes a similar model called Pro Ash 271BAP, but it's got a thicker handle than the TPX and it's also feels more end-weighted.
        http://www.rawlingsgear.com/baseball...ts/271bap.html
        The Rawlings store in Kissimmee sells them for, I believe, $39.99...

I wouldn't spend more the $50-$60 for a wood bat for a kid... any more is like throwing your money down the toilet... Because they all break the same...

We just got back from Perfect Game in Ft. Meyers, My son had just broke 2 Ash-C271's (on 2 swings) and Louisville Slugger had a booth set up at Terry Park and was selling their Bamboo Composite Bats there for $70, they were shutting down for the day on Saturday and the Rep said he'd sell me two of them for $60 a piece. I asked him if the were legal to use at Perfect Game and Prospect Wire... He said they were (FYI, I had e-mailed both organizations prior to last weekend to ask if composite wood was legal, and both said "yes", so I kind of knew they were.). They have a 90-Day warranty on them, and they look and feel great (and they didn't break after 3 AB's on Sunday!), so I'm highly recommending these as well!

Good luck.
        I don't like my balls to smell like pickles.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X